Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior temperature readout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
The Tesla app on my iPhone shows the internal temperature of the car.

But the only temperature readouts I can find inside the car show external temperature and the internal temperature the user wants to car to go to (not necessarily what it is at present).

If the app can determine interior temperature there must be a temperature sensor in the cabin somewhere but can those data be displayed in the car (other than on a phone app)?

Last edited:
The Tesla app on my iPhone shows the internal temperature of the car.

But the only temperature readouts I can find inside the car show external temperature and the internal temperature the user wants to car to go to (not necessarily what it is at present).

If the app can determine interior temperature there must be a temperature sensor in the cabin somewhere but can those data be displayed in the car (other than on a phone app)?

The internal temp sensor is right next to your USB ports. It looks like a mini speaker. I haven't seen the interior temp readout anywhere in the car before. If you have the Remote S app, it'll give you the interior temp readout faster and without having to keep your climate control turned on.

There is no interior temperature readout in the car, only the set temperature as you noted.

Sometimes the app does not display the interior temp, it seems likely if the car has been asleep. I turn on the climate control for a few seconds then turn it off. The interior temp will update and display.

if you tap the temperature number in the app the interior temp will display. Usually that will not turn on the climate control but sometimes it does, I can't tell what causes each behavior...

Tapping the number is supposed to turn on your climate control as well. It's actually a bug with the API servers when the HVAC fails to turn on. My guess is that if the car is in deep sleep, it ignores the first HVAC command.