Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

interior trim questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am asking for help from knowledgeable members. You will see from the Australian sub forum "modifications" i have made new interior trim using factory supplied substrates. Tesla, however will NOT either directly or indirectly, provide assistance or instructions for installation. "not factory OEM parts". And "we have not tested those parts". This has to be a result of a legal system gone beyond mad!!! One would think that if i provided a legal release that should be sufficient, but apparently not!! They were quite happy to supply me with the substrates, however. Large cost involved which they wore, but not allow the job to move to completion.

Accordingly i am asking if anyone has detailed info regarding removing the movable armrests to access that panel with the upholders. That would give me access to snap out that part and replace. Next, the yacht floor. Is that just a drop-in piece or do you need to remove the rails first?
Finally, the main one. Detailed info in dismantling the dashboard to change out the decor panels.

A reply to any or all of these would be greatly appreciated, preferably by private mail on this site.

I installed the Yacht Floor myself. All I did was remove the carpet, which was attached by Velcro like fastener on the floor - I poked the carpet with an ice pick and lifted it out. The Yacht Floor just went into place without any fasteners. I suppose I could have attached some of the Velcro like material that was in the carpet, but in the last 6 months the Yacht floor has not budged.

I installed the Yacht Floor myself. All I did was remove the carpet, which was attached by Velcro like fastener on the floor - I poked the carpet with an ice pick and lifted it out. The Yacht Floor just went into place without any fasteners. I suppose I could have attached some of the Velcro like material that was in the carpet, but in the last 6 months the Yacht floor has not budged.
Most helpful, thank you.

The cupholder instructions can be learned by examining the installation guide for Tesla Accessories' PARZ: PARZ Tesla Model S Aftermarket Rear Seat Cup Holders | Aftermarket Accessories for Tesla Model S

The Yacht Floor, if I recall, is trickier than it would appear and the side trim needs to be removed. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

The dash... best of luck. That's a pain on any car. Let us know what you find!
Thank you! Wow, a very major dismantle!! Wonder how easy it really is for an amateur?