Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently an owner of a P85D that I purchased 3 years ago. I love the car but have not ordered a new one despite the fact my lease was up last month. (I extended for 2 months). Frankly I am tired of the interior of the car, and believe the exterior is becoming dated as well. I realize Tesla is struggling with the launch of the model 3, and has all of its attention on getting production numbers to the 5,000 per week target, but I think that they are taking their model S owners for granted. Competition is coming soon from Porsche, Mercedes and Audi.

My car has 52,000 miles on it and I am getting nervous because I have begun to have mechanical problems. The battery had to be replaced two months ago (original is being rebuilt by Tesla), I have to close the driver door 2X or the car won’t turn off(Tesla service has not been able to fix it yet), and the passenger window won’t go up consistently (so I never open it anymore). The car is out of warranty now, and I’m beginning to think the quality is not what I thought it was.

When I compare the model S P100D to the Porsche Panamera, (future) Mission E, the high end Mercedes I am having a hard time not purchasing another brand, despite the fact I would be giving up the electric power train for the time being. For a $140,000 I think it is reasonable to expect more from Tesla.........

Yeah, because Porsche and Mercedes cars never have any mechanical problems.

For the passenger window, have you tried resetting it? Hold the botton down for 10 seconds, then up for 10 seconds. That’s what the service center told me to do when I had the problem you describe, and it fixed it.

Yeah, because Porsche and Mercedes cars never have any mechanical problems.

For the passenger window, have you tried resetting it? Hold the botton down for 10 seconds, then up for 10 seconds. That’s what the service center told me to do when I had the problem you describe, and it fixed it.

I will give that a shot....thanks.
Actually i have owned both a Panamera and Mercedes and did not have any mechanical problems with either car. With that being said, tuneups were ridiculously expensive. Plus...I want to buy another American Car and Musk is a hero of mine....

Reactions: logan
I have owned high end Porsche before (911 Carrera GTS) and yes, the Porsche's interior to me at least was better than my Model S's. The seats were better and there were more tactile buttons. I'm not a huge fan of having most of the buttons on a touch screen where I have to take my eyes off the road. Maybe if the Model S had a sound that played if I touched the right button that would be nice. The Carrera GTS was about $20,000 more than what I paid for my Model S, but it felt like an expensive luxury sports car with the interior. Based solely on the interior, the Model S does not feel like that.

However, the drive of my Model S is far better than my old Porsche. There is no mistaking it. Once I drove a Model S I could not go back to another ICE car ever. All the interior luxuries of my old Porsche meant very little in the face of such a unique driving experience that Tesla offers.

You may find that you prefer interior luxuries of VW or Mercedes more than the drive of a high-end electric vehicle. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's a choice you need to make on your own really.

Reactions: mdevp and Corsair
I have owned high end Porsche before (911 Carrera GTS) and yes, the Porsche's interior to me at least was better than my Model S's. The seats were better and there were more tactile buttons. I'm not a huge fan of having most of the buttons on a touch screen where I have to take my eyes off the road. Maybe if the Model S had a sound that played if I touched the right button that would be nice. The Carrera GTS was about $20,000 more than what I paid for my Model S, but it felt like an expensive luxury sports car with the interior. Based solely on the interior, the Model S does not feel like that.

However, the drive of my Model S is far better than my old Porsche. There is no mistaking it. Once I drove a Model S I could not go back to another ICE car ever. All the interior luxuries of my old Porsche meant very little in the face of such a unique driving experience that Tesla offers.

You may find that you prefer interior luxuries of VW or Mercedes more than the drive of a high-end electric vehicle. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's a choice you need to make on your own really.
Well said!