Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interment sounds/vibration from front left on 2015 AWD Model S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just purchased a 2015 Model S 75D AWD. It sounded great for the first few days. Now it is starting to make a sound. It is a very intermittent sound, it often happens when we either accelerate very slightly or slow down and the regeneration is happening slightly. I have two videos where we recorded it.

NOTE: We had just changed the tires on the second video, which is why the low tire pressure alarm is on, it just hadn't reset yet.

photos.app.goo.gl

New video by Chris Califf

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

New video by Chris Califf

photos.app.goo.gl

(you will probably need to listen with headphones)

Would this be the beginning of a drive train failure? If it is, I believe this car should be under warranty. It has 131,000 miles on it, but I believe the 2015s had an 8 year unlimited miles warranty. Correct?

I made an appointment to have it looked at as well, I want to be sure to document it.

Does anyone have experience with this? Does this sound like a drivetrain? It is pretty hard to hear. I think I can feel it slightly in the steering wheel as well.

Thank you!

Thank you for the replies and for trying to listen. I know it is really hard to hear, but it is there. I can hear it with headphones, but of course I know more what to listen for.

Could it be a drive train, since it is so intermittent? It will go for hours without doing it at all, and then it will happen say 3 times in 20 minutes. Only for 1 or 2 seconds at a time. Would a drive train issue be constant or could it happen off and on for just a second or two?

Whatever it is, it is certainly something. :) I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel slightly too.

Upvote 0