Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent Failure to Sync Temps - Problem Solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the longest time I've had a weird "bug" when trying to sync/unsync temps on the touchscreen. More often than not, the "Sync Temp" balloon wouldn't appear when raising/lowering the temperature, making it impossible to "unsync" temps if your passenger is a lot hotter/cooler than you are.

Finally realized that the balloon remains hidden whenever the rearview camera occupies the lower screen. That's my default choice for the lower half so it was happening more often than not. As soon as the rearview camera is turned off, or even occupies the upper screen, the balloon appears normally.

I guess it's related to the issue when the rearview camera goes blank if the Homelink drop down is activated. It's all about the overlays. Doesn't bode well for getting the backup guidance line overlays if they can't remedy the two bugs that already exist...

I ran into this issue today and figured it out after a couple minutes. I just hit the swap button on the right between the views, toggled sync, and swapped back. It definitely has something to do with the camera not being able to display with overlays over it. Perhaps even a design decision since the balloon is so small, which would make it super obvious when the camera blanks, and isn't too important.