Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent front Right Headlight Assembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 75D MS with only 17K miles; longtime reader…first time post’er.
A few weeks ago (Oct 21st) I had the battery heater replaced because it was not working. On Oct 31st while driving to the SuperCharger in the AM the entire Right Headlight Assembly (RHA) stopped working. The only indication was the fact that the right turn signal (green circle) would not blink, Left Headlight Assembly works as designed. The front right headlight was NOT illuminated but the vehicle icon on the drivers dashboard screen was showing that the front right headlight was ON when it is/was not. The RHA did not work the rest of the day, the next morning the entire RHA was working 100%. The RHA has been sporadically intermittent across the last 10 days with no clear pattern of why or when it malfunctions.
Before I contact Tesla, does anyone know if the technician would have disassembled the front part of the vehicle to replace the battery heating unit? If so, could there be a connection between the recent work and my current RHA issue?
Any advice or recommendations?
Thank you!

Happy Veteran’s Day to all those who serve(d) and their families for supporting them during their service; your sacrifice is very much appreciated.

I brought mine in for an intermittent headlight issue in December, they spent all day diagnosing under warranty and were unable to replicate the problem. Nothing replaced but they gave me a loaner X for the rest of the weekend since my Friday dropoff was going into late Saturday afternoon and they were closing soon.

All was fine until today when I got another warning on the cluster. The cluster animation showed the light out but the light is still on at normal brightness. I tried to park with lights set to on but my easy entry profile has lights auto, so by the time I get out to look both lights were off anyway. So I go back and turn lights to ON and they were both fine. It may have been off and the unintentional power cycling of the lights "fixed" it again temporarily? Daylight so I couldn't tell.

Upvote 0