TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Intermmittent audio balance fading to front passenger speaker

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mickfair, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Mickfair

Mickfair Member

My audio system has a problem whereby the audio sound shifts to the front passenger speaker only. Any ideas or suggestions on solutions?

2. dave

dave Member

Sure it's not the Navigation shifting the audio to the other speakers while it gives you directions?

3. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Mine has shifted to the back a few times... I usually find this after a software update. I have changed the settings and gone about my business.

It is not Nav because the slider in the adjustment menu changes along with all audio.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have found various audio sources seem to require manual adjustment of the front/rear fader for some reason. One source will sound like it's coming out of the windshield, so I bump it to the rear a bit, then another source will be skewed way too far to the rear.

5. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Its the NAV. Thats all that would do that. and it does work that way. It may be an error, but thats where the problem is.

6. rekoh

rekoh Member

I have the same issue (it is only with slacker and USB - I have found if dolby is off it is less dramatic). Ranger coming out to fix other issues - will have them look into that too.