Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internal and external wrapping thoughts.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i thought I would start a new discussion about this subject as it was mentioned in another of my threads.
Although I am not considering external wrapping I really want to protect those gloss backs on the seats with a clear film or wrap has anyone else thought about this or looked into it.

Hi cookielovers

Having 2 young children I will definitely be having the seat backs protected with Xpel PPF. I live in Devon and with the country lanes and seagulls down here I will also be wrapping the outside. I'm sure there are other firms around but I was recommended to this one. Reep Detailing

I am not considering external wrapping

I had mine wrapped. Took my brand new MS straight to the fitter with a handful of miles on the clock - as I figured there was no sense getting some chips before the wrapping. Humbling experience, their forecourt was chock full of Mclarens, Lambos, Zondas and the like ... although somewhat relieved to be shown a beaten up old Peugot 205 which was being wrapped (no, the fitter didn't know why either!)

All our other cars have dents, dings and scratches as we generally take the view that a car is just a tool to get from A to B, but I decided that keeping the MS in good nick was worthwhile, and that we would be likely to keep it much longer than other cars. I have washed it once (which was easy peasy helped by the film) but haven't bothered since as it doesn't look dirty ... perhaps in Winter I'll notice it enough to bother.

Recommended.

480x340_daf902f5fb3501941d56c3346468f9cc.jpg

Topaz Detailing

Wow that looks like a cool place. Did you have a complete wrap or partial. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost? Finally once you have it can you still go through a car wash, jet wash? Interested in how it is for normal day to day. I had been thinking more about protecting my model x seat backs but thread is making me think about the exterior

Full wrap (I figured that bird poo / idiot with a key on any panel was as likely as stone chip on front facing surface), it was about £4K. No problem with car wash or jet wash that I know of. Suggest you give Darren a call, he's very helpful and I am sure will be able to answer your questions

I've got a wrap and update it/ tinker with it often.
The main thing that affects autopilot for me is the car being dirty. The wrap has had no impact at all.
But the one thing that makes my wrap stand out (i think) is the cat eye reflective brake calipers. They look red during the day, and on fire at night. Odd to explain, easier to show:
Instagram video by Λshraf ♛ Monzur • May 4, 2016 at 2:19am UTC

I love talking about this stuff so feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best.