TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Internal temp sensor location?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Shurhold, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Shurhold

Shurhold Model S - P#15,582

Has anyone figured out where this sensor is located. In in Florida and it very quickly shows the interior at over 100 even though it is only 77 today.

2. PatL

PatL Member

I was wondering the same thing. My app shows about 10 degrees hotter than outside air temp. Incidentally, I have the exact configuration and color car, delivered on 3/16/13 vin 7099

3. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Near Boston and ditto today and this warmer week. Says car was 82 degrees, and it was warm in the sun but not that warm - hey it was 40 degrees outside. Tried heat but AC went on...got in car and it was not toasty - not 82 degrees!

4. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Does it say anywhere in the car what the internal temp is? It's on the app, but I can't seem to find it in the car.

5. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Not that any of us have been able to find, seems to only be exposed on the app.

My WAG, is it's located somewhere in the headliner, maybe by the mirror, since they've run power cables for the 2 lights located nearby. It probably should be located near (or in) the center console.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Not sure where it is in my Model S, but my past few ICE's have had a very small "vent" that draws air in over a sensor with a small fan. This coupled with a sunlight sensor on the top of the dash and an external temperature sensor gave the climate control what it needed to work. Wonder if Model S has this kind of aspirated internal sensor?

7. meduri

meduri Member

I have the same question as yesterday the app showed the internal temperature as 118 compared to 81 degrees outside in South Georgia.

8. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Just to point it out. Even when it is cool or cold (as low as 60F or so) the inside of you car can EASILY get to 100F or more.

I agree that the interior temperature sensor is reading on the high side, but seeing these high numbers doesn't mean it isn't very hot in your car.

9. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Nope. It would be nice if you could tap the temperature text on the main screen and switch between interior and exterior temp but it's only exterior temp that displays.