Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as far as the delivery experience is concerned....it kind of went as expected for me.

There were a large number of people as well as brand new employees. Everyone was very helpful but you could tell there were a few new employees that were overwhelmed.

My appointment was at 1:15...they didn't let anyone in until about 1:30 or maybe even 1:45.
You check in and then you just kind of stand around until someone comes up with your folder. They literally have to find you in a sea of people. It was about 2:30 when a guy from California who was kind of supervising things asked how things were going. I told him that I am still waiting and he looked into it. Turns out my paper work went missing and they had to re-print it.
Signing everything took about 5 minutes and then my paperwork went into the back room. About an hour later I started loitering around the area where keys were being distributed. That are was disorganized and they were not processing things by appointment time. It was literally last in first out it seemed. The girl was just grabbing random folders.

Finally another employee came up and took control and asked "who is first". I chimed in with my early appointment time and she found my folder and brought me outside to my car. Then I was off. After looking it over (everything looks pretty good, just a few minor cosmetic items) I was off. I think I got out of there around 4pm.

Again, I kind of expected this to happen due to the volume and it being the first day. Everyone was very friendly, there are refreshments and they really are trying. The delivery experience has potential to be quite good and I expect people who are going next week will be happy with the process. Just be prepared to be there at least a couple of hours.

Basically the same thoughts as many of the others.

Great front line staff dealing with a huge bottleneck in scanning documents.

You get to see the car for 2 seconds inside and take a picture with it. They tell you to inspect the car later and that it has already been inspected. Then you have to sign saying you accept the car as is. I didn't particularly like that but figured it would be fine. It was 2 hour wait from there and the water is in the staff area. I dont run on coffee so glad they were able to grab me a bottle.

From there, they give you the key, walk you to the car and leave you. The front plate was already on at this point...if you don't want it on, I would ask earlier to have it left off. Today the car is having paint protection applied to the front and was hoping to avoid some extra labour. oh well.

Car is amazing - Put it into chill mode after you've had your fun to avoid losing it on day 1.

So as far as the delivery experience is concerned....it kind of went as expected for me.

There were a large number of people as well as brand new employees. Everyone was very helpful but you could tell there were a few new employees that were overwhelmed.

My appointment was at 1:15...they didn't let anyone in until about 1:30 or maybe even 1:45.
You check in and then you just kind of stand around until someone comes up with your folder. They literally have to find you in a sea of people. It was about 2:30 when a guy from California who was kind of supervising things asked how things were going. I told him that I am still waiting and he looked into it. Turns out my paper work went missing and they had to re-print it.
Signing everything took about 5 minutes and then my paperwork went into the back room. About an hour later I started loitering around the area where keys were being distributed. That are was disorganized and they were not processing things by appointment time. It was literally last in first out it seemed. The girl was just grabbing random folders.

Finally another employee came up and took control and asked "who is first". I chimed in with my early appointment time and she found my folder and brought me outside to my car. Then I was off. After looking it over (everything looks pretty good, just a few minor cosmetic items) I was off. I think I got out of there around 4pm.

Again, I kind of expected this to happen due to the volume and it being the first day. Everyone was very friendly, there are refreshments and they really are trying. The delivery experience has potential to be quite good and I expect people who are going next week will be happy with the process. Just be prepared to be there at least a couple of hours.
My appointment is at 2.30. My wife finished work at 3.30. So she could be there after work to drive home together. It works for me. I was kinda feeling bad she could not drive with me.

Whhhhhat a GONG SHOW.

930AM appointment. Arrived at 9am. Left at 2pm. Nuff said.

If you don't have your paperwork before hand be prepared to wait. They have folks running to MTO to get plates - which is good but takes a while.

Best tip -- do NOT arrive early... you are just wasting your time.

Pet pevee: car was charged only 40%. Made it home with 8% remaining. Should have had this charged to at least 70% IMHO.

All is foregiven though... as annoying as the deliver was, the M3 is an awesome car :)

Whhhhhat a GONG SHOW.

If you don't have your paperwork before hand be prepared to wait. They have folks running to MTO to get plates - which is good but takes a while.

Pet pevee: car was charged only 40%. Made it home with 8% remaining. Should have had this charged to at least 70% IMHO.

All is foregiven though... as annoying as the deliver was, the M3 is an awesome car :)

Ugh, did you at least get time to inspect your vehicle before accepting? (someone above claimed they tell you to sign before you get to inspect)

Last edited:
Whhhhhat a GONG SHOW.

Ya my appointment was 10am got to my car at 1:50pm to do my detailed inspection and then drive off. Only had 112km of range on mine. At ikea doing a bit of free charging right now

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Whhhhhat a GONG SHOW.

Wow that's a lot of fail right there. Hope they get it together by next week.. It's pretty wild to pay this much for a car and have a shity delivery experience.. Glad you like the car!

Ugh, did you at least get time to inspect your vehicle before accepting? (someone above claimed they tell you to sign before you get to inspect)
they just say.."we have inspected it closely..all is good..sign here."
i was happy to get car and complain later if issues..
the odd thing was they had mobile disabled so couldn't use the app..the worker said the service is down and will come on later which i had a hunch was wrong. I just went searching for option and found it and turned it on...
i hope they sort out bugs since whole process should be shorter
jb
btw as mentioned above awesome car..too bad getting it was so awfully organized