Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do I get the feeling that if Elon Musk was aware of the problems in on boarding new owners in Canada he'd jump on a plane (or rocket) and be here by morning to take charge and fix this? What has been a completely amazing, highly anticipated 2 year brand experience gets destroyed on the last, and most important day. Branding 101 is 'surprise and delight your consumer' not this. So close, yet so far. Too bad.

Just got a call from Tesla to confirm my time tomorrow. Asked if I could come in the afternoon instead as he said afternoon deliveries appear shorter. I declined and he said no problem but the wait is around 2 hours. He did confirm that my car has arrived

We will see how it goes.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Just got a call from Tesla to confirm my time tomorrow. Asked if I could come in the afternoon instead as he said afternoon deliveries appear shorter. I declined and he said no problem but the wait is around 2 hours. He did confirm that my car has arrived

We will see how it goes.
Did he explain why they aren't able to keep the schedule they originally told you?

For those still waiting a final price, use these numbers to get very close to the actual cost:
Delivery $1,300
AC tax $100
Tire tax $14.20
OMVIC (?) $10.00

You will have add plating and sticker costs (sorry, don’t know those numbers).

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Original appointment time today was 9am. Yesterday a Tesla Rep. called me to ask if 1:45pm would be better as it looked less busy. I accepted and arrived today at 1:15pm. I was immediately brought to the car and the whole process only took 45 minutes. I felt terrible as people kept coming up to the Tesla employee helping me to complain that they were there since 11am and I had just arrived.

The only bottleneck was the Green Plates so I assume they already had mine because of my original delivery time at 9am.

TLDR; if you have an early appointment, accept a later one if asked, you'll be out in an hour as opposed to 3-4.

45% charge on the car.

IMG_0477.jpg

any idea # cars delivered each day?
I really do feel like i still need a 30 min hand hold on all the menus and sub menus..slowly getting there but feel that the 30 min individual hand holding would have sped up the learning process on the goings on of the car

any idea # cars delivered each day?
I really do feel like i still need a 30 min hand hold on all the menus and sub menus..slowly getting there but feel that the 30 min individual hand holding would have sped up the learning process on the goings on of the car
https://projects.invisionapp.com/m/share/DPCUX2ETA#/246644266

Play with that for a bit. It's not up to date on a lot of the UI changes that happened but you can get a good feel for it.

• Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog
We arrived at 10:45 for our 11am appointment. We were told right away that the wait was at least 45 mins before they would even start. An hour later we were told it was going to be 2 hours. I honestly didn't mind the wait except we had to get home to pick up our kids. Everyone we talked to were really nice and you could see they were trying there hardest. But it was all worth it what a car. The acceleration is unbelievable. Autopilot for the stop and go traffic home, WOW. How could I ever drive a car without that again. So overall it was a long wait with little info of what was going on but fully worth it.

Mine definitely is not smooth one.

Arrived at 11:00 for 11:45 appointment, has been told that mine will be delayed for about an hour. As I have heard that Tesla provide no food, we went out for a Tims lunch. But when we came back, we saw Tesla actually provide people with sandwiches. Ops. We then continue to wait. lots of ppl who behind us got license plate and left with the car. We waited until 4:30PM to get the license plate, the manager was saying MTO delayed our plate. We waited about another hour to get my car ready and all paper work copied..Okay 5:30PM we left International Center with our high-tech car.

We drove through 407 but we did not use Autopilot as we afraid to test it in peak hour..We picked up my older son at his sport place, but on the way back home, we found the AC not working at all (it was working when we picked up, and stop working after a stop over). . Once at home, I called Tesla service. They said according to their log my AC has the problem. Suggest me to go back to the delivery centre, or send it to service tomorrow..

Okay, I left the car and eating the dinner. After I eat the dinner I remote start the AC on the phone app, ops it works again.. My goodness....

I don't want to send my new car to service for sure...

Mine definitely is not smooth one.

Arrived at 11:00 for 11:45 appointment, has been told that mine will be delayed for about an hour. As I have heard that Tesla provide no food, we went out for a Tims lunch. But when we came back, we saw Tesla actually provide people with sandwiches. Ops. We then continue to wait. lots of ppl who behind us got license plate and left with the car. We waited until 4:30PM to get the license plate, the manager was saying MTO delayed our plate. We waited about another hour to get my car ready and all paper work copied..Okay 5:30PM we left International Center with our high-tech car.

We drove through 407 but we did not use Autopilot as we afraid to test it in peak hour..We picked up my older son at his sport place, but on the way back home, we found the AC not working at all (it was working when we picked up, and stop working after a stop over). . Once at home, I called Tesla service. They said according to their log my AC has the problem. Suggest me to go back to the delivery centre, or send it to service tomorrow..

Okay, I left the car and eating the dinner. After I eat the dinner I remote start the AC on the phone app, ops it works again.. My goodness....

I don't want to send my new car to service for sure...
I would definitely have it looked at.