Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine yesterday and was a great experience. The found me 15 minutes or so after my appointment. Showed me the car and got started on paperwork. It was at 51% and I wanted it to 90% for the drive back to Ottawa, so needed to wait 40 minutes for the supercharger.

Paperwork went smoothly. No major issues with the car. A little scuff on the center console, but that is all.

Drive back was fun and surreal. EAP kicked in after 25k, so that helped with the stop-and-go.

Tried the auto lane change, and took some getting used to it. EAP has had a few false alarms, but hopefully it is learning (or I am).

Got mine yesterday and was a great experience. The found me 15 minutes or so after my appointment. Showed me the car and got started on paperwork. It was at 51% and I wanted it to 90% for the drive back to Ottawa, so needed to wait 40 minutes for the supercharger.

Paperwork went smoothly. No major issues with the car. A little scuff on the center console, but that is all.

Drive back was fun and surreal. EAP kicked in after 25k, so that helped with the stop-and-go.

Tried the auto lane change, and took some getting used to it. EAP has had a few false alarms, but hopefully it is learning (or I am).
I couldn't get the auto lane change to work. is there a trick?

Picked up mine yesterday. 5:30 Appointment, signed the papers around 6PM, and then waited almost an hour and half before they brought my car around. Took about 2 hours to get the car, not the smoothest process, but not as bad as some other people though.

Car came charged at 89%, I was actually surprised about this one. Didn't find any major fit issues or scratches, although I think the charge port is not completely flush, but we're talking 1mm now, I'll ask about it when I go for my first service. Car drives like a dream! Autopilot kicked in after 50km, and driving home was a blast. Auto-lane change makes driving so smooth and easy.

One big thing I noticed for myself, and it might just be only for me. I ended up getting a pretty big headache from the new car smell (paint fumes?). When I got home I plugged it in, rolled the windows down and had the climate control running all night. Significantly less smells this morning which was really nice, and woke up to a fully (90%) charged car.

I find that it doesn't change lanes unless you press all the way down, when you press the indicator halfway and it does the flashes only 3 times, it just stays in the lane.
If you press halfway and hold it, it will do the lane change. You just need to hold it until you've passed the line or it might abort and return to the original lane. Normally in my car it takes 7 to 8 audible clicks of the turn signal to change a lane, depending on speed, direction of road, etc.

One big thing I noticed for myself, and it might just be only for me. I ended up getting a pretty big headache from the new car smell (paint fumes?). When I got home I plugged it in, rolled the windows down and had the climate control running all night. Significantly less smells this morning which was really nice, and woke up to a fully (90%) charged car.

I'm finding I'm getting a big headache too, maybe it's the new car smell, or maybe it's the acceleration or a combination of both. I've changed the acceleration to "chill" to hopefully help me take it easy.

I'm finding I'm getting a big headache too, maybe it's the new car smell, or maybe it's the acceleration or a combination of both. I've changed the acceleration to "chill" to hopefully help me take it easy.

I had a head splitting headache when I got home after being in the car for an hour, my wife was fine though. Much much better this morning when I got into the car after I aired it out last night.

I think it's just the fumes from production sitting in the car for so long that's causing me problems, I had the same problem with a pillow I bought a few years ago, and after I aired it out for a day or two, no problems.

Got my car this morning, had an appointment for 9:45, but showed up at 9:00 just in case of any issues. Was whisked away at 9:30 to start the process and was done around 10:00. Spent some time going over car and did have some minor scuffs that they addressed on site, as well my bumper paint is not a great match so they will be scheduling me in at the service centre. Interesting to find out they have preemptively shipped hundreds of rear bumpers to the service centres as they are aware of the white paint problem... Was told they aren't allowed to switch the parts prior to me taking delivery in Canada which I'm not sure I believe but there you go.

Overall very smooth process, hopefully they are learning.

Spoke with Tesla service about my bumper and turns out the guy helping me at delivery was lying when he told me about the bumpers that were shipped up. My car has to go to a body shop to have the bumper repainted. Scheduled in for this Monday, when the delivery person was supposed to do that for me. Not too impressed with that part of delivery, but hopefully once I'm past these issues it's smooth sailing... Fingers crossed.