Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Tesla service about my bumper and turns out the guy helping me at delivery was lying when he told me about the bumpers that were shipped up. My car has to go to a body shop to have the bumper repainted. Scheduled in for this Monday, when the delivery person was supposed to do that for me. Not too impressed with that part of delivery, but hopefully once I'm past these issues it's smooth sailing... Fingers crossed.

I will be getting a white one next week .. can you post a couple pics of your 'mismatch' .. Not that VIN range seems to matter with this issue, but what VIN range is yours?

Ya, need to hold it down until the car passes over the dashed line. I once released it too early and it violently aborted and went back to the original lane.

You don't need to hold it down. Just push it all the way so its 'on' rather than the light push to get the 3 flashes. Then when you're at least half way into the new lane do the light push up or down to turn it off. I found the first few times that I tried it, it was hit and miss but its gotten more consistent. It was even working in stop and go traffic on the 401 yesterday morning. I think its a bit of it getting better and me knowing when its more likely to work - so we're both learning.

• Informative
Reactions: 03DSG and McCaesar
Ya, need to hold it down until the car passes over the dashed line. I once released it too early and it violently aborted and went back to the original lane.
I was trying it on local roads. So, I looked it up in the manual (yes, I read the manual again).

"Warning: Auto Lane Change is designed to be used only when driving on restricted-access highways (i.e. with onramps and off-ramps)."

So, I'll try on a highway next time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
You don't need to hold it down. Just push it all the way so its 'on' rather than the light push to get the 3 flashes. Then when you're at least half way into the new lane do the light push up or down to turn it off. I found the first few times that I tried it, it was hit and miss but its gotten more consistent. It was even working in stop and go traffic on the 401 yesterday morning. I think its a bit of it getting better and me knowing when its more likely to work - so we're both learning.

Don't have to do the push up part. If you just press the signal all the way down so that it stays on, Autopilot will turn it back off once the lane change is complete. And yes, it's designed for restricted-access highways and won't work on all roads.

Wonder if anyone mind sharing their experience with the trade-in experience at IC. I'll be picking up mine in a couple of days, can't wait!

In particular:
- Is there clear sign on where to drive the trade-in car to?
- If you traded in your winter tires too, do you need to unload for them at the spot (some will be in my back seats)?
- How long did it take you, and do they inspect it with your presence?
- How thorough/picky are they (e.g. light scratches on the top layer (not to the paint)?

Thanks for any input!

Wonder if anyone mind sharing their experience with the trade-in experience at IC. I'll be picking up mine in a couple of days, can't wait!

In particular:
- Is there clear sign on where to drive the trade-in car to?
- If you traded in your winter tires too, do you need to unload for them at the spot (some will be in my back seats)?
- How long did it take you, and do they inspect it with your presence?
- How thorough/picky are they (e.g. light scratches on the top layer (not to the paint)?

Thanks for any input!

Hey, I just went through this yesterday.

I kept asking who needs to look at my trade-in and they kept telling me that the next person I deal with will handle it. Well....nobody did. I was shown my Model 3 and thanked for my business and told to have a nice day. I asked them about forgetting to take my trade-in. They asked me if I had applied for a trade-in, etc. I told them yes and it was reflected in my paperwork. They took my paperwork inside and brought someone else out who took my plates off for me, gave it a quick once-over and then I signed over my registration. He handed me back my plate registration with my plates.

They literally forgot to take my trade-in. I wonder how long it would have been for them to figure it out. I almost forgot at the end due to the excitement but I put my hand in my pocket and felt my keys.

To answer your questions specifically:
-No, no clear spot to park. I parked to the right of Hall 6 in the lot by the loading bays.
-I did not trade those in but if they are in your car, you're fine.
-They took my keys, walked over, removed my plates, looked at the car quickly and then came back
-I think they just make sure the car isn't mangled or anything since they didn't do much of an inspection of mine.

Hope that helps!

• Funny
Reactions: Zaxxon
Hey, I just went through this yesterday.

I kept asking who needs to look at my trade-in and they kept telling me that the next person I deal with will handle it. Well....nobody did. I was shown my Model 3 and thanked for my business and told to have a nice day. I asked them about forgetting to take my trade-in. They asked me if I had applied for a trade-in, etc. I told them yes and it was reflected in my paperwork. They took my paperwork inside and brought someone else out who took my plates off for me, gave it a quick once-over and then I signed over my registration. He handed me back my plate registration with my plates.

They literally forgot to take my trade-in. I wonder how long it would have been for them to figure it out. I almost forgot at the end due to the excitement but I put my hand in my pocket and felt my keys.

To answer your questions specifically:
-No, no clear spot to park. I parked to the right of Hall 6 in the lot by the loading bays.
-I did not trade those in but if they are in your car, you're fine.
-They took my keys, walked over, removed my plates, looked at the car quickly and then came back
-I think they just make sure the car isn't mangled or anything since they didn't do much of an inspection of mine.

Hope that helps!

Cool! Thanks so much for sharing Tony_YYZ, this helps a lot! Crazy how you have to chase them to take your car and keys! Congrats on your new ride!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Anyone look deeply into the front wheel area, Looks like some aluminum foil or tape or similar. Below picture with more details. Is this aluminum tape thing normal? I see it on both driver and passenger front sides

Attachments

• E03D95FE-D99D-4B0E-830B-412FD0B9D537.jpeg
    E03D95FE-D99D-4B0E-830B-412FD0B9D537.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 47
  • ECFF562F-EA70-41B7-8D71-AC992E21DED0.jpeg
    ECFF562F-EA70-41B7-8D71-AC992E21DED0.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 35