Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another tip, non AP related.
Scenario is you're in a drive thru, on a slight incline, your passenger is sipping a hot drink. You release pressure on the brake to allow the car to slowly roll ahead to the first window, while unbuckling and lifting your but to grab you wallet from your back pocket. Car senses unbuckle, followed by removal of weight from drivers seat, and suddenly throws the parking brake on, passenger wears their drink. Happened to me a couple of times (without the passenger scenario).
Wasn't sure if I should rate this "Informative" or "Funny"

Wasn't sure if I should rate this "Informative" or "Funny"
Seriously, it does come to an abrupt stop though. If someone is following you through the drive-thru, they might think that you're stopping suddenly on purpose.
My only spill was the first time that I launched the P85D with a closed full McDs coffee on the armrest. Somehow a small stream of coffee found it's way through the lid, across the armrest to the back middle seat.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
And to add to excellent summary, understand the difference between "relative" and "absolute" settings as they pertain to speed control.

One of those settings will hold the speed you set.

The other setting will hold the speed it thinks the speed limit of the road is at.
Update: my absolute setting has no bearing on the issue. And my pre curser speed is alway "100". I've reported a software bug......

Just got the call from Fremont at around 7pm EST.
Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday June 8th at 1pm.
Now pushed out to next week Friday at 11:45am.

They cited a “train delay” or something and then needing time to detail the car. Said it only affected a handful of the deliveries for tomorrow (Saturday).

Very short notice and I had made plans around this delivery date. Also took off work to rush some of the paperwork for the trade in vehicle. It’s too bad.
I’m really cutting them some slack on this process.

Just got the call from Fremont at around 7pm EST.
Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday June 8th at 1pm.
Now pushed out to next week Friday at 11:45am.

They cited a “train delay” or something and then needing time to detail the car. Said it only affected a handful of the deliveries for tomorrow (Saturday).

Very short notice and I had made plans around this delivery date. Also took off work to rush some of the paperwork for the trade in vehicle. It’s too bad.
I’m really cutting them some slack on this process.
I was due for delivery and got the call just 1 hour before. Same story about the train delay, but they haven't yet confirmed my new delivery time.

Oh, Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: mahagala
E1C9B597-5A73-4ACE-8304-23A0B4A311C5.jpeg
A32296D4-4505-43D7-A7EA-5C5562371F68.jpeg
9E2F8A43-DAB0-45E6-A8B7-F9F7E61478D8.jpeg
AD3A1B4F-F9EA-485D-B434-9ACADED1F4E7.jpeg
90709212-C53E-4CA5-AF27-D9603D50A444.jpeg
Was just at the international centre just now to see how things were doing. I took delivery on the second day May 31st. Things today look very calm and organized. More decorations aka Tesla banners, backgrounds. A variety of delicious sandwiches, a selection of still and carbonated water. And the children’s area has been replaced with a Black model X that folks can sit in. Between the children’s area and area with the food there’s a tv and couch where they were showing a bunch of Youtube videos of the channel “Like Tesla”. I spoke with the person who handled the signing of my documents and things were much better then last week. The children’s area had pretty neat colouring for children of various Tesla vehicles and the solar roof products. I’ve scanned a number of them for your children’s colouring pleasure

My awesome blue Model 3 is now in the garage getting amped up after the drive back from the IC. My appointment was at 11am today but we arrived a bit early at 10:40, so I was worried we’d be hanging around waiting. But in the middle of a great muffin a few minutes in, the DA found me and we went to look over the car. 10 minutes later someone was outside dealing with my trade-in while I signed all the papers. 10 minutes after that I was outside sitting in the car ready to drive away. Whatever problems they had with delivery seem to be corrected. The car is great:

- quiet, smooth and well built. Gaps look great and nothing is out of alignment.

- I saw no scuffs or scratches, though they left fingerprints all over the glovebox and Center console that I’ll need to clean

- acceleration is good, but nothing like my P85D. Better than most ICE cars though so if you are inclined to jump off the line at traffic lights you’ll have fun

- I stopped at the new 20 stall supercharger in Belleville and got into a conversation with a couple people. There was a pleasant guy there with an X when I arrived who wanted to see how the car was. My car was at 90% when I picked it up which left it about 8kms short of getting back home, so the charge was functional as well as fun - cost me $0.80 for 30 minutes that added over 200kms. Seemed cheaper than I expected it would be

- I didn’t stand in line to order on day 1 but I still got a scale model in the Center console. I ordered my car Aug 2017, so I guess I was lucky. Just one more reason I thought the DA team was awesome.

- I heard bad things about trade-in values but I got a bit above the middle of the Blackbook range for my car, so no complaint from me.

On the downside, there were a few issues:

- the usual minor washing swirls in the paint, but I’ll polish those out and lay down a coat of CQuartz on it tomorrow. Not sure how they manage to get swirls in the paint after just one wash.

- my steering wheel is a off kilter, rotated Clockwise a couple degrees, but I’ll get it adjusted if it goes in for service.

- the screen is too shiny and i plan to get a matte protector. There are also some usability issues that would be easy to fix, the turn by turn nav directions are listed on the right of the screen. They should be on the left so the driver can read them easily. Voice feedback is perfect though.

- the steering is very direct even in chill mode, so it will take time to get used to. Nothing unpleasant but a slight twitch of the wrist jolts the car sideways pretty quickly. After my 4 hour drive home I was ok with it.

- autopilot and TACC. The car is pretty aggressive at slowing down when you approach a car and lane changes with auto pilot are a bit dubious. AP was much more refined in my previous Model S, so I’ll have to assume it’s a work in progress.

- the audio is great but Slacker blows chunks. Elon, please just give us Spotify and be done

- also can we just have CarPlay? The fact that anyone can a send text message via Siri in even the cheapest Kia, but not in a $75K Tesla is more than a bit ridiculous. Get with it Tesla - swallow your pride and give Tim Cook a call to work out a deal.

Anyway I’m glad to be back in a Tesla after a 2 year gap. I’ll never drive an ICE car again.

Last edited:
what's the issue exactly?
I'll preface this with I have heard back from Tesla and they say their engineering team will look further into it......and when I went for a spin around the block after my Opti-Coat treatment this evening, my cruise became active at 30 kph and I set at whatever my current speed was (about 42 kph) and it worked fine. Will it work tomorrow? Who knows.

The issue is this. I start the car, I put it in gear, I pull out into an urban street setting, I accelerate towards 60 kph and as soon as I hit 30 kph, (the stipulated minimum speed for cruise control) the little circle under my speed readout goes live with a grey "30" in it (for half a second) and then the "30" turns into a "100".

So,,if I tap the cruise stalk down once (at my current speed of, say, 55 kph), the cruise system will zoom to 100 kph unless I use the right thumb wheel to spin the set speed down from 100 (in 5 kph increments) to around the speed I want......

I was due for delivery and got the call just 1 hour before. Same story about the train delay, but they haven't yet confirmed my new delivery time.

Oh, Tesla.
Join the club - at least you guys got confirmed dates. I have nothing other than to expect late next week. I'm just blown away at how disorganized they have been with the transport of 80k vehicles. How are cars still in Chicago where its supposed to be delivered that day? Just blows my mind at the incompetence of either the trucking companies or Telsa.