TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

'Internet Snacking' Coming to GM Vehicles

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by Doug_G, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

So, if I read this correctly .... if someone in the backseat hands their iPad to the adult in the front passenger seat to look at something, it will lose the connection. That's some kind of precision! What if the front passenger seat is all the way back/driver seat all the way forward? What exactly is the 'no-browsing' zone?

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

hmm I think it's more of a built-in thing. retrofitted to the seats or something? That's how I interpreted it. Clearly if there is a signal there and this is done via wireless, it's pretty hard to block a signal within one foot of an 'ok to use zone', lol.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

This article reminded me of the Men's health quote "Why can't you just start at awesome."

GM obviously can't. The have this amazing capability but shackle it. Tesla did the opposite.

And I am spoiled I always Lolz at 8" screen comments. Not impressed.