Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

internt connections issue with cpo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey team, I just pick up my car last week and cannot connect to the internet (it was working for the first few days) I won't let me connect to my wifi at home (the car is in the driveway and don't know if a weak signal or not) How do i connect the internet to my cell phone (I have atto&t ) for some reason i can't connect

The car can either connect to wifi or to the cell phone network, never both at the same time. Sounds to me like the car is connecting to your wifi, but the signal is not strong enough to function. However, since it is connected, the car does not even try to use the cell phone network.

Move the car away from the house and see if it connects to the cell network once it is completely out of range of your home wifi.

You will have to work with your wifi to make the signal stronger or get the car closer. Realize that the wifi antenna is in the passenger side mirror. Sometimes reversing the direction of the car or orienting it so that the passenger side is facing the house will help. Often it requires additional equipment to make your wifi signal stronger, though.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
thank you, I reboot it and got it connected to my phone. real dumb question since connected to my phone is important to connect to my wifi at home?

Firmware upgrades will naturally happen faster, and perhaps sooner, on wifi. I live in an area where cell reception is weak, so wifi is important to me. Sitting in the car planning navigation for trips works a little faster on wifi.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardD