TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Interrupted Charging

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Black/Black MS, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Black/Black MS

I was charging overnight at a public lot recently, and someone had removed the J1772 charger to plug themselves in (it's fine, I was full by that time already and I think the lot attendants monitor time and do the plugging themselves). But my adapter was still in the charging port. How do you remove it in that instance? Is there an "eject" button anywhere?

What I did was unplug the guy next to me, replug myself in and remove the adapter. When I plug the cable back into the other guy's car (Prius) does it resume charging automatically or did I just hose the guy?

2. Hammer@OR.US

Hit the open charge port from the center screen or hold down the trunk button on the fob.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  3. Takumi

Takumi Member

Unlock the car with the fob (double press) then press the magnet. The LED ring should turn white and you should be able to take the adapter out.

• Informative x 2
  4. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

I use one of these when I don't want people to help themselves to a charger my car is still using: CapturePro Charging Lock for Tesla Model S

• Informative x 1
  5. garygid

garygid Member

$45 plus shipping and tax
    Presumably it could be removed with a pocket knife or a fingernail clipper?

6. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

Hard to tell, but I think it's made of sturdier materials. It says it can be removed with cutting tools if necessary though.

7. Black/Black MS

Thanks for the info. Just got a chance to try it and didn't realize it was that easy.