Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interview with Tesla's Chief Designer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with the genius of making the Model S "ready-to-wear" but a high end sports sedan is still not everybody's everyday car. As investor, I was alarmed by the idea that the mass production car would be couture by comparison. He recovered towards the end by assuring us it would be attractive, and of that I have no doubt, but I am worried they may create something that does not have mass appeal—otherwise known as boring.

Thanks for the vid!

I agree with the genius of making the Model S "ready-to-wear" but a high end sports sedan is still not everybody's everyday car. As investor, I was alarmed by the idea that the mass production car would be couture by comparison. He recovered towards the end by assuring us it would be attractive, and of that I have no doubt, but I am worried they may create something that does not have mass appeal—otherwise known as boring.

Yeah, worried me too. Part of what makes Tesla great is how attractive the car is for being an EV, otherwise (to me) it would be just another company selling a long range EV.

I believe Franz called the Gen 3 Haute Couture, meaning higher, more unique design than the Pret-a-Porter (Ready to Wear) Model S.