Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Into the Service Center with Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does your invoice appear in the Tesla app with a payment button?

Tesla Service can now be paid for through the automaker's mobile app
If you zoom in on the invoice does it show as having been paid? What about the credit card linked to your Tesla account, have there been any recent charges that would indicate that Tesla processed a charge to the account?

When I can't get through to anyone at the Service Center my standby is always to contact Tesla Roadside Assistance, at least some one there will text you back quickly. Explain briefly that you need someone at Tesla to let you know the status of your vehicle repair. (This might have to wait until the Service Center is open.)

If you zoom in on the invoice does it show as having been paid? What about the credit card linked to your Tesla account, have there been any recent charges that would indicate that Tesla processed a charge to the account?

When I can't get through to anyone at the Service Center my standby is always to contact Tesla Roadside Assistance, at least some one there will text you back quickly. Explain briefly that you need someone at Tesla to let you know the status of your vehicle repair. (This might have to wait until the Service Center is open.)
Well thanks everyone....got the payment thing fixed. It required me to go up and pay personally at the service center. So that is no problem now.

BUT BUT BUT BUT .... I must vent (I am using this as record of my experience as well)....and vent I will. I eventually got in contact with someone at the body shop and scheduled a pick up date for my vehicle (today 4/27/21) and arrive to pick it up. Payment went smoothly (insurance payment accepted on invoice) so good to go. I inspect the vehicle for any issues and it looks good to me for what it went in for (paint damage and a dent on rear lift gate)

So I get it on the road and not two blocks I hear a massive "rubbing" sound on the undercarriage. SOOO I bring it right back. Grrrr.... now I am waiting.

So a final update in the long process of getting service and the Tesla body shop. They fixed the plastic undercarriage protection that somehow came lose. It took 30 minutes. Final review: while there were some major delays and problems with getting such a repair fixed (lift gate and some other issues) I had to literally force communication with them to get any type of answers. 2 months without a car. I finally got the car back!

Attachments

• 20210428_085709.jpg
    20210428_085709.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 88
Wow - this thread was painful to read.
Expecting mine to be delivered May 1.
Will check it over with a fine tooth comb before paying for it.
I wonder if Elon knows of owner's dissatisfaction with these service visits?
Or if he even cares. I honestly am thinking twice about accepting delivery due to threads like this,
of which there are many, but not to this degree.
Hope all is good now.

Update - (I know...it seems like I am just complaining BUT this actually happened) - So after going to the body shop to pick up the vehicle at the Ownings mills Body shop location on Tue the 27th I noticed a massive rubbing and shaking from the front of the vehicle. (the initial damage I took it to the body shop was for rear lift gate damage. A "crump" dent and paint damage) The car was literally shaking apart going at 15mph. I return it to the Body shop and discover it was a plastic protective covering on the undercarriage. It was smashed in torn in half. They immeaditly replaced the item. (They had the item in stock)

Fast forward to Friday the 30th. While going over some options in the vehicle software I decided to add some locations to my GPS when I noticed that a large number of GPS "recent" locations were added to my GPS - THE WEEK BEFORE my car was released from the body shop. The locations include a number of areas that I have never been too. Hotels, restaurants (one restaurant at least 5 times) destination chargers, superchargers (at least 10x) throughout the city.

Now I freaked out of course. Someone was setting destinations with my vehicle throughout the city. Random? Glitch? someone playing with the GPS? or something nefarious like the body shop workers driving my car when they should have returned it to me weeks before? I know the GPS "recent" area disappears after 7 days so I took pictures of it and saved the info.

What would anyone think? Am I being paranoid regarding my expensive car?

What were the miles when the vehicle went in and the miles when you picked it up?
Ok, being the trusting person I am...I did not record the millage when I went into the shop. Though I did call my insurance company to find out if they had a record of it and "strangely enough" the Tesla body shop reported both ingoing and outgoing as ZERO to the insurance company. The insurance investigator called the body shop and asked for any records they had. Tesla body shop informed them that it went in at 1665 miles and exited at 1672 miles. When I noticed it on Friday it was 1820 miles. (I left from Baltimore to Home after picking up vehicle and parked it. Traveled back and forth to work once which is 1.8 miles) and started 4 miles to go on trip to visit friend in Baltimore that Friday adding only 10 miles before I noticed. So 100 miles not accounted for?

Crazy? Me? or should I go to attorney general? I took pictures of the "recent" section and posted on a separate thread here. I post on this one just to keep record as well.