Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing Agent P - My Second Tesla (2021 Model Y LR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy your Y!

I have a 2017 Model S, bought my wife a new Y in December. (white on white and man does she LOVE the white interior)

Ride quality in the S (air suspension and even with 21" wheels) better than Y with the 20" wheels.

But overall handling/steering feel? Goes to the Y. Tight turning ratio, better road feedback feel, brakes are firmer. Its a winner.

Nice! That doesn’t surprise me at all given a) the air suspension in Model S and b) the smaller size and lighter weight of the Model Y. As someone who has owned many European sports cars, I feel more at home in the Model Y than the Model S though I do love the form and function of the Model S.

Reactions: JAM3S
"My car has 3 names:
-Agent P
-Perry
-Phoenix"

Looking at the vehicle, I'd say it has an iron will, nerves of steel, and several other metal-themed attributes. But by bringing it on to the beach, were you implying that it was a semi-aquatic car of action?

• Funny
Reactions: dreamwave6
Yes, I purchased it a couple of hours after delivery using the Tesla app. I inquired before delivery about including it in my loan payment but they said that it cannot be done.
If you want to finance it, just reduce the amount of cash you put in or the amount from your trade applied to the purchase by $2,000. That increases your loan by that amount and leaves $2,000 in your pocket that can be spent on the acceleration boost after purchase. Same effect as financing it in the car.

Agent P got his first customization yesterday. Before and after photo below.

A575AF80-90D1-4254-A786-19018F2880E4.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Glad to hear that you’re happy with the transition from X to Y. I have a Y on order and am making the same change. Since you’re doing a lot of customizations, I’m curious if you are planning any PPF and/or ceramic? I did the PPF on my X but not ceramic. I’m thinking about the ceramic on the Y to get the lasting shine, but haven’t decided. What’s your plan?

for what it's worth I did PPF on the front and CX all over (which I love - so easy to wash). Plus tint and smoked headlights. 27xx Vin.

Reactions: AZMurph
Congrats; that's a beaut. Great color combo and you got most of the options and accessories I would get. The front window tint looks great (which tint and what %?), and good on you to get ceramic coating and PPF for the front. I would probably add mud flaps and maybe even PPF below the doors. Otherwise, pretty darn perfect!

• Love
Congrats; that's a beaut. Great color combo and you got most of the options and accessories I would get. The front window tint looks great (which tint and what %?), and good on you to get ceramic coating and PPF for the front. I would probably add mud flaps and maybe even PPF below the doors. Otherwise, pretty darn perfect!

Thank you! I got 15% tint for the front windows.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Looks great! Did you also tint the rear windows to add UV protection? 15% looks like an exact match. I’m torn between ordering black or blue, both would have induction wheels with white interior. I have never owned a blue car.
No, I only tinted the front windows (15%). The rear windows are still factory.

I’ve owned MANY blue cars in my life. Blue is my favorite color. Tesla‘s Deep Blue Metallic is gorgeous, IMHO, especially with the white interior.

#TeamBlue

Andrew

Reactions: trlengle
No, I only tinted the front windows (15%). The rear windows are still factory.

I’ve owned MANY blue cars in my life. Blue is my favorite color. Tesla‘s Deep Blue Metallic is gorgeous, IMHO, especially with the white interior.

#TeamBlue

Andrew
The blue on the Y does look sweet but so does the black. I actually feel like I see more blue than black on the road...lots more white.

What is you Vin, I 'm picking mine up Tomorrow MY Vin 175XXX, curious as to why no center console.....

My VIN is 117XXX. It was produced in early February and just missed the cutoff for the new center console. I love my Model Y and have no issue with having the older console. I am thrilled that I got the heated steering wheel, however!

My VIN is 117XXX. It was produced in early February and just missed the cutoff for the new center console. I love my Model Y and have no issue with having the older console. I am thrilled that I got the heated steering wheel, however!

I would kill* for a heated steering wheel. But it was a worthy exchange for having my Y last summer so I didn't have to drive the Bolt to Maine. (Technically I could have driven the Fit, but I had decided that dammit I'm gonna drive it electric. Then the Y became available 3 months earlier than planned, I chose the road more Supercharged, and that made all the difference.)

Where was I? Oh yes, a heated steering wheel sure would be nice.

*a mosquito

• Love