TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Introducing an Old Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MemDave, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MemDave

MemDave Roadster V23 ModS SSL173

#1 MemDave, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    From Memphis - Roadster owner (V23) and on the Model S Signature Special List at #173. Configured in May with Signature Red, Performance, White Interior, 21" Silver Wheels, Pano Roof, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Gloss Wood, and Paint Armor. Anxiously awaiting word on a delivery date while lurking on all the Tesla boards.

2. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

V23? I am confused...

3. MemDave

I bought one of the validation prototypes from the company. It has a "V" series VIN.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

How much did that run you? If you're willing to share...

5. MemDave

I believe it was $99,900. I bought direct from Tesla without waiting in line. It had not been titled, but had 7,200 hard miles doing the press tour. On the plus side, I have a framed copy of the Road and Track article featuring my car! Kind of fun:wink:

• Like x 2
  6. Brian H

Brian H Banned

How is it holding up?

7. MemDave

Pretty well. There have been some issues - at first a bunch of little things that I would put down to it being a prototype, more recently a bad battery connection required shipping the car to Chicago for repair. Overall, I would say it is pretty similar to my service experience on my last couple of cars (Jags). I am at about 30,000 miles and probably drive the Roadster about 80% of days and 60% of miles.

8. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Memdave, what is the color of VP23?