Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing the Frozen Grey Tesla with shadowline trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long a wrap job will last?

Did you do the jams etc. How does the trunk and frunk look when open?

I went from metallic silver to the frozen grey matte. If I had a more dramatic change like from red to a matte black, I would have had them wrap the door jambs completely.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 6.JPG
photo 7.JPG
photo 8.JPG
photo 9.JPG

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I had been waffling about what to do with my wheels but I've decided to go with the gloss black powder coat for sure. I like the idea of keeping some items looking relatively stock. I had previously worried about their size but yesterday I parked next to a 911 and their wheels were minuscule in comparison.

We'll after much feedback when people see the vehicle in person, I've decided to start shopping around for some new wheels. It'll probably be a couple of months before I pull the trigger but here is my front runner. 20" Vossen CV5s. Thoughts?

VVSCV5-MG-NL-angle-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are the same ones but with a little bit of machining done.
VVSCV5-mg-mf-angle-1.jpg

Attachments

• VVSCV5-mg-mf-sm.jpg
    VVSCV5-mg-mf-sm.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,327
photo.JPG

While I've been waiting to the pull the trigger on aftermarket wheels, I thought I'd do a quick and dirty coat of plastidip on my wheels. I really like the color combination and think it makes for a more aggressive look. Unfortunately the plastidip doesn't seem to be super durable so will either be touching up frequently or pulling the trigger on those new wheel.s

Depending on how you maintain, the guy who did mine said about 4 years. I'll take pics of the frunk and trunk open as well as the door jambs. Only the rear door jambs were done. My original car color was silver so the original color areas that are exposed don't stand out. There is some bubbling in the rear door jambs that they will have to repair but they told me to expect that initially but they will repair as part of the initial job. I have a followup after about one week.

I had my Mercedes G wrapped in 3M matte white and used it for a several rallies and car events. Kept it on for about a year until it started to yellow bad. The company that put it on for me said it was because I was driving it so much that exposing it to all the elements caused it to yellow. Had my assistant deal it from there and let's just say it took her several dozen email exchanges with the wrapper and 3M to warranty the product. I opted to just remove everything from the G, but in the process of putting the wrap on, the wrappers gouged my paint everywhere near the edges with a knife (I guess you have to cut it somehow). Keeping it short, be extremely careful in doing this. It was such a frustrating process for me ymmv. I sold the car shortly so I didn't even claim anything from 3M or the wrapper - not worth the headache and time.

We'll after much feedback when people see the vehicle in person, I've decided to start shopping around for some new wheels. It'll probably be a couple of months before I pull the trigger but here is my front runner. 20" Vossen CV5s. Thoughts?

View attachment 26672

- - - Updated - - -

These are the same ones but with a little bit of machining done.
View attachment 26676
Did you ever put on the aftermarket wheels? The Vossens are some of my favorites. And all the better with the graphite. 20 inch size allows a lot of great tires including the Michelin pilot super sport…

Did you ever put on the aftermarket wheels? The Vossens are some of my favorites. And all the better with the graphite. 20 inch size allows a lot of great tires including the Michelin pilot super sport…

Not yet. Instead of putting the cash down on the wheels, I put it in some Tesla and solar stocks. Will eventually pull the trigger but probably will wait longer and then give the car a refresh.