Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing Unofficial Tesla News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Introducing Unofficial Tesla News – built in 3 days, it's a simple and easier way to stay up to speed on all things Tesla.

After watching different news sources fabricate lengthy articles because of a single Elon tweet, I began reading his feed before anything else. Although helpful, I still ended up visiting each of the popular Tesla news sites. Unofficial Tesla News features tweets by Elon along with feeds from hand picked news sources with the intention of making it a one-stop Tesla news source.

We've got some more things planned but it will always be simple. I hope you find it useful. Thanks!

Check it out: Unofficial Tesla News

Cool. Which sites do you feed from besides electrek and TMC? How about teslarati? M3OC? Maybe some links to some of the bigger youtube channels (like Tesla, Bjorn, Now You Know, etc.,)?

Starting off with Electrek, TMC, and Teslarati. However we pulled Teslarati this afternoon because their feed was slow and until we have it caching on our end it was bogging the news feed down. Once we have that stored, we can add it and others in as appropriate. I hadn't considered M3OC but will add that to the list. Videos and other media is a good idea too. Thanks!

Reactions: commasign
I've been using this unofficial Tesla news site ever since you created it. I decided to create an account here in TMC to ask you two questions:
1) Do you have a way for me to send you a couple of bucks? Not sure if you have ads on the site because I always use an ad blocker but I'd like to show my appreciation and give you incentive to not take the site down since I visit it multiple times a day.
2) Any plans to add Tesla's Twitter feed now that there seems to be more activity there?

Hey, I appreciate the kind words. My team would love some extra beer money :) You can find our address on our site skycatchfire.com if you're serious but don't feel obligated. This is a labor of love and I'm definitely the site's biggest user.

Good call on adding Tesla's Twitter feed. Now that they are using it more that's a no brainer. We'll work on that.

Also, I wanted you to let you know how ironic it was that you sent this message today of all days. When I got into the office today I decided that we needed to put this functionality into an iOS app. About the same time I began working on that I got the email notification of your message.

On that front, the app was submitted to Apple App Store today so if all goes well with approval, we'll have an iOS app available very soon. The team here is now split between iOS and Android users so Android app will be soon to follow.

It's messages like this that get us excited to add more functionality to the app. We've got a list and intend to work on it over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned for some fresh updates.

Why do you have it so each news link and twitter feed link open up in the same window and not a new window? Every time I open a link, and then go back to your page, it resets to the top of the lists... so if I scrolled down either list, the context is totally lost and I have to go scrolling down again to find my location (this is especially bad with tweets, since I might scroll down dozens of entries to find one I want to explore). You do it for the youtube videos in the modal dialog box, why not the same thing for tweets or news articles? Your site is great, but every time I go to use it, it's so damn frustrating with all the forward and back and losing it's place, I just give up and stop using it. All you'd need to do to fix it is open the links in a new tab or window. Thanks.

Why do you have it so each news link and twitter feed link open up in the same window and not a new window? Every time I open a link, and then go back to your page, it resets to the top of the lists... so if I scrolled down either list, the context is totally lost and I have to go scrolling down again to find my location (this is especially bad with tweets, since I might scroll down dozens of entries to find one I want to explore). You do it for the youtube videos in the modal dialog box, why not the same thing for tweets or news articles? Your site is great, but every time I go to use it, it's so damn frustrating with all the forward and back and losing it's place, I just give up and stop using it. All you'd need to do to fix it is open the links in a new tab or window. Thanks.

It's a common struggle... deciding to give the user a choice or making it for them. Good feedback though and we might change this.

Reactions: HankLloydRight