Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Introducing Windshield Gard, now available for the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! We have had lots of success with our Tesla Windshield Protection Film kits for the Model 3, X, and S. Our kits are preshaped and precut, so your detailer/installer doesn't need to heat or cut the film on your vehicle. Normally Windshield protection film is too difficult and risky to be installed by most detailers, but our kits are allowing WPF to be offered by many more shops.

Windshield protection film is like a screen protector for your car, it creates a long lasting layer that takes the abuse that your windshield would normally receive, preventing hazing, chips, and broken windshields. Lifetime of the film depends on where and how you drive, but it usually lasts about 15k miles, with some really cautious drivers getting up to 40k miles on a set of film!

Here is a quick demonstration of how it protects your windshield:

For those of you who live in a region where windshield coverage isn't included in your insurance, WPF is cheaper in the long run than replacing broken windshields. For those whose insurance covers a windshield replacement, keep in mind that insurance won't cover replacement for small chips, windshields that are hazy or difficult to see through due to sand damage, or for your lost time getting your windshield replaced.

If you are considering PPF for your car, this would be a great complement to that service. Our kits are dealer-installed only. Your existing PPF provider should be capable of installing this product, or you can use the dealer located on our website to find an existing shop near your location:

Find a Dealer - Targe Industries

I have attached a picture of a Model Y recently being installed by one of our dealerships.

For any of you who have a second vehicle, we have over 200 models of vehicle kits available, ranging from a camry all the way to the Lamborghini Huracan! Our kits have become so popular, that some dealerships are even offering them as a dealer option alongside PPF.

Please let me know if you have any questions about or product or windshield protection film in general.

IMG_8448(1).jpg

Last edited:
Interesting option, but I bought and applied C-Bond for $50.

Ceramic coatings do an excellent job of shedding water. Some even provide a slight scratch resistance. They usually last a few months or even up to 6 months.

None of them provide any impact resistance. If they did, the same companies who make the top selling ceramic coatings wouldn't also sell PPF.

Here are a few demonstrations of the toughness of our film. You won't find any videos like this with a ceramic coating, despite the written claims some of the companies make:

Three weeks after I bought my Model 3 a rock chip cost me a $100 chip repair. Just last week another rock caused a 14” crack and now I’m looking at a $500 deductible to replace my windshield, plus the pain in the butt factor. I’m definitely checking this stuff out.

Time passes...

I followed the link above and found my local installer who advertises a product called Exoshield, by Alchemy, which seems to be a different external windshield protection film. Talking with them further reveals that they don’t do this for the Model 3 or the Model S due to “the unique curvature of the windshield.” :(

Last edited:
Three weeks after I bought my Model 3 a rock chip cost me a $100 chip repair. Just last week another rock caused a 14” crack and now I’m looking at a $500 deductible to replace my windshield, plus the pain in the butt factor. I’m definitely checking this stuff out.

Time passes...

I followed the link above and found my local installer who advertises a product called Exoshield, by Alchemy, which seems to be a different external windshield protection film. Talking with them further reveals that they don’t do this for the Model 3 or the Model S due to “the unique curvature of the windshield.” :(

Rockster, I'll send you a DM to help you find an installer near you. Our locator function is new and must have an issue.