Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I completed my Model X reservation on 8/14/13, Reservation Sequence Number 5,002. I am hoping that the Model X will meet my need for greater electric range. I sat in a Model S in the Tesla Miami Beach store and found the headroom inadequate. I am optimistic that the X’s headroom will be better. Purchase of a Tesla will allow me to continue to implement my plans to drive as electrified as the marketplace allows.
I currently drive a 2010 Lexus 450h (hybrid) and a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi (PHEV), both of which are more than adequate. The Energi was getting stellar mileage while I lived in Miami: about 250 mpg and 96 mpge. See 258 MPG, 96 MPGe — First 3 months, 1242 miles - Fuel Mileage - Ford C-Max Energi Forum During my first few months living in Gainesville, Florida, I have been driving considerably longer distances at much higher speeds, far exceeding the capacity of the battery and available regen. Relying much more on the ICE, my average has been steadily decreasing. I am currently at only about 90 mpg lifetime (with about 3,000 miles on the odometer).
Within the next year, I plan to install solar electric panels on my house.
I look forward to learning a lot from the participants on this forum.

Hi Bennett,

Welcome to the forum and our club!

I don't know whether this will help your driving situation, but we have it on good authority that probably next year there will be a Supercharger station somewhere in the Gainsville / Ocala region.

Regards,

Larry

IMG_1180.JPG

Have had my Model S P85+ now for 7 weeks, 2200kms ... still awesome.
Gave it the "Black Out" treatment.
21" Grey Wheels to Black ( Tesla Black, same as Body ).
Lower "Flat Black" on Bumpers and Side Rocker Mouldings to Black.
Mirrors, Emblems and Grill Surround from Chrome to Black.
Chrome Mouldings and Handles to Carbon Fiber Wrap.
Still got to Tint.