Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introductions (Hong Kong)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all,

I am Newbie. Expecting MS in early 2016.
Just want to know how much and how long to install a charging station in a private estate parking space in Tseung Kwan O, N.T.

First of all, congratulations!

There are too many variables to give you an estimate here. Cost ranges from $5,000 to $30,000+. Depends on how long of a cable run you have to do, whether there is sufficient capacity in your mains box, whether you need a separate electricity meter etc. Ask Tesla for their list of recommended contractors, contact a few of them for quotations and go from there.
BTW, I presume you have permission from your management office and/or IMC already? That's usually the hardest part.

Hi everyone,
also did my first post therefore thought I should introduce myself. I should get my Model S in the next two weeks (if customs / TD don't mess it up) and I am so much looking forward to it. Already found a lot of good information on this board.

Cheers
Oliver
Hi everyone,
also did my first post therefore thought I should introduce myself. I should get my Model S in the next two weeks (if customs / TD don't mess it up) and I am so much looking forward to it. Already found a lot of good information on this board.

Cheers
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

What model is yours? I was supposed to pick up my 70 next week and they just informed me the same - facelifted 70 and 90 are delayed by Customer and TD. Have you pick up yours?

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,
Yes I picked mine up on Thursday. I have the 70D and got facelift and the new center console.

I have to say it was worth every minute I had to wait. Great car

Hi Oliver,

What model is yours? I was supposed to pick up my 70 next week and they just informed me the same - facelifted 70 and 90 are delayed by Customer and TD. Have you pick up yours?

Cheers

Darren

Hi All, still at least two months away before I get my car. Few videos on HKMI ( Hong Kong Motor Inspection company ) was being hired when new Tesla owners pick up their new toy. Is it necessary ? Obviously in the videos which have been posted, they pointed out lots of little issues here and there that WE have to alert Tesla rightaway to get it sorted ASAP!

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in waiting mode for my model S. ETA car in Dec / early January. Going from a thirsty SUV Benz, so it will be a refreshing change I hope. Hopefully the charging process will be relatively smooth. Will be commuting from Sai Kung to Central most of the week.

Attachments

• tesla top.png
    tesla top.png
    511.8 KB · Views: 77
Hey everyone,

Well I'm in waiting mode for my model S. ETA car in Dec / early January. Going from a thirsty SUV Benz, so it will be a refreshing change I hope. Hopefully the charging process will be relatively smooth. Will be commuting from Sai Kung to Central most of the week.

Welcome! Another Mercedes to Tesla convert. Same here. I had the R350 - children all grown up and left home so time to go Tesla and EV. The Mercedes is thirsty but it is a solid car with great interior. My MS should be arriving end October and ready for delivery mid-November.

No charging at home in Sai Kung? Like you, I do have some charging anxiety as I see more and more EV's - not just Tesla's charging where I park in Central. EV spots used to be easily available just a year ago. Now during office hours, it is almost invariably all occupied.

Welcome! Another Mercedes to Tesla convert. Same here. I had the R350 - children all grown up and left home so time to go Tesla and EV. The Mercedes is thirsty but it is a solid car with great interior. My MS should be arriving end October and ready for delivery mid-November.

No charging at home in Sai Kung? Like you, I do have some charging anxiety as I see more and more EV's - not just Tesla's charging where I park in Central. EV spots used to be easily available just a year ago. Now during office hours, it is almost invariably all occupied.

Hey thanks for the welcome! Ah there you go. I got the ML350, a 2013 model. It's a great car though and it certainly does have a more 'luxurious' interior than the Tesla. The sound as the doors close etc. Everything is very solid. So in ways, the Tesla feels like a little down-grade in that sense. BUT... the Tesla certainly makes up for in my areas ;) Not long to go for you then. Nice!

No charging. Certainly should be possible at the estate I live at but seems very unlikely. Yes definitely a little worried about charging. Don't want to have to go to SC's at 4am either.. But, what I normally do is go to gym before work, so I can normally park the car around 6:45am most mornings, so that should give me an advantage (I hope!!) in terms of getting a spot. I recently learnt that the parking I will use only supports standard charging for the facelift / new models, so that is a headache, but if I park all day, 4-5 days a week, I hope.. I will be ok. Would think so. :cool:

In charged.hk we are working with government on issues like charging infrastructure, FRT EV exemption and more. Feel free to join - memberships start at "free" (associate), while normal memberships are 200 HKD / year. We are totally non-profit, charitable status, just a bunch of us trying to make life easier for EV owners in HK.
Estates are a hard and stubborn mass to work with, and eventually it might need legislation to force the rest of them to allow chargers installed. The electric companies need to catch up also, though, as there must be enough power. It would suit HK very well if installing solar panels was worth while, but an almost endless amount of paperwork and permissions are standing in the way. And there is no net metering or other feed-in compensation in HK.

Anyway, congratulations to your Model S, whether delivered or still in the queue!
Btw, we have groups on Whatsapp, LINE and FB in case you like to join ...

Hey All,

Just got my model S last night!!! Performance wise, I am v impressed as expected.

The furnishing is a bit disappointing. It's not up to a medium size non-Germany making vehicle. Dirt is seen inside out. The panoramic roof is not perfectly fitted. Door position is not balanced leaving some gap at the junction....

But when I step on the pedal, my frustration is just gone. And I start to smile.

Happy to join the EV family. And no regret to support the Ironman!