Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introductions (Hong Kong)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, just get my 90 D , really enjoying this amazing car

Hi dhsparkey, welcome to the club! Yes, the 90D is bringing smiles to my face every time I drive it. The smoothness of the acceleration and dynamics are bowling me over. Believe it or not....I am preferring to drive the 90D over my Porsche Boxster, especially if I have a passenger. The 90D drives like the best of the European marques, and only on the limit do you feel the weight. But the overall competence of the car and the electric drive is unlike anything I've driven before.

After two weeks with the car, I am starting to lose some of my charging anxiety. In fact, going earlier to work to get a charging spot is prompting me to spend more time in the gym, which is good for my health! Having said that, I am still a bit wary of the software and bugs. I suppose this is the trade-off. I have lost autopilot and despite one visit to the service centre to realign the camera, the problem still persists. They promised to look at the logs and come back to me but nothing so far.

Still, overall, I am very happy with the car. Let's hope they solve the problem soon so I can start using the TACC.

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in waiting mode for my model S. ETA car in Dec / early January. Going from a thirsty SUV Benz, so it will be a refreshing change I hope. Hopefully the charging process will be relatively smooth. Will be commuting from Sai Kung to Central most of the week.

Hi, congrats for your MS. FYI, very soon east point city in Hang Hau will have super charger installed so it may be helpful for u. Hv ordered mine only after i got the news that there will be super charger close to home as my building management does not allow installation in my parking.

Hi everyone, I just bought an inventory 60D. I was looking at the MS and BMW i3 but rushed to buy it since I won't have the ability to charge at my car park and the supercharger is free for life (the i3 range is quite low and charging network doesn't seem very robust). I'm only now realizing how full Supercharger lots are so am slightly worried about what I'll do. I'm super excited about the car (my first in 10 years) and am thankful there is a forum like this around.

Reactions: mkq786
Hi everyone, I just bought an inventory 60D. I was looking at the MS and BMW i3 but rushed to buy it since I won't have the ability to charge at my car park and the supercharger is free for life (the i3 range is quite low and charging network doesn't seem very robust). I'm only now realizing how full Supercharger lots are so am slightly worried about what I'll do. I'm super excited about the car (my first in 10 years) and am thankful there is a forum like this around.

Welcome to the forums. Frankly, i don't have charging experience personally but what i know that it all depends where do you live and plan to charge your car. People who live somewhere close to supercharger can plan charging in a way that they can avoid the congestion. e.g. people i know around cyberport are usually happy with charging there. Recent introduction of penalty should help deter the people using Tesla super charger as parking lots and will free up space as soon as cars are charged. Good luck.

Hi all, I picked up my Model X 90D a couple of weeks ago. Nice to meet you all!!!

I originally wanted to get the Model S but I didn't like the back seats. Anyway old Merc CL out. MX in. :)

Question, are there still whatsapp groups? How do I join them?

Thanks!

Reactions: mkq786
Hi all, I picked up my Model X 90D a couple of weeks ago. Nice to meet you all!!!

I originally wanted to get the Model S but I didn't like the back seats. Anyway old Merc CL out. MX in. :)

Question, are there still whatsapp groups? How do I join them?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Tesla Family. I m still awaiting my MX expecting delivery in a week. Sorry but no idea about whatsapp groups.

Reactions: saichinli
IMG_6873.JPG
Hi everyone, took delivery of my X in March. Have been enjoying it since.

After owning a 2-11 2.5 Tesla Roadster for two years I now have ordered and am expecting delivery of the P3D on Jan 6th 2020.
Looking forward to meeting a few of you.
Does anyone here or has anyone here suggest a clear PFF front end protection.
I've been quoted 13,000 HK$ for front hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors plus the luggage rack area ONLY.
A full wrap is 28,000 HK$ which is over my budget.
BTW the car will be a commuter daily driver not really used on highways or long distances.
Is it worth it or better to do 3M crystalline coating on the whole car >?
Can anyone recommend places and prices or any other recommended upgrades that add value or preserve the car?

After owning a 2-11 2.5 Tesla Roadster for two years I now have ordered and am expecting delivery of the P3D on Jan 6th 2020.
Looking forward to meeting a few of you.
Does anyone here or has anyone here suggest a clear PFF front end protection.
I've been quoted 13,000 HK$ for front hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors plus the luggage rack area ONLY.
A full wrap is 28,000 HK$ which is over my budget.
BTW the car will be a commuter daily driver not really used on highways or long distances.
Is it worth it or better to do 3M crystalline coating on the whole car >?
Can anyone recommend places and prices or any other recommended upgrades that add value or preserve the car?
The PPF gives some protection against stone chips whilst the coating repels dirt and helps to keep the car looking cleaner between washes. Don’t forget the mirrors with PPF if you go with it.
I cant help with installers as I’m not local but I pad circa AU$1,000 HK$5,500 for Opticoat and about what you were quoted for a front end wrap. The car (Model S) is 5 years old now and still looks close to new.

Hi everyone! It FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

I joined this forum 6yrs ago with the excitement of owning a Tesla. Unfortunately my dream suddenly died when i took a test drive and my wife didn't enjoy the experience at all in the S.

I felt maybe there was a chance with in SUV as we have always had an SUV, so the X was my next dream. But alas we couldn't agree, the X was not ready in HK we needed a new car, and so we ended up buying an ICE SUV. Dream died. :`(

Well the ICE 6yrs later has been terrible this year..engine problems, fixed it multiple times and 2 weeks ago the gearbox broke and we realized the repairs were worth more than the car, and they were just band-aids.

My friend owns an X and he pushed me to go the financing route and my wife agreed because we don't have the $$ to just buy the car like we did the previous two car purchases.

Financing is done and car will be ready in a couple weeks! (We chose stock, vs custom so we can get it quickly).

I disappeared from here for a few years because it was making me sad, but now I'm back and patience has paid off!!! Wahoo!!!

Reactions: meloccom and markwj