TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

InTune or Streaming specific song playing

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by RubberToe, May 22, 2018.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

All,
    I'm trying to use either the Streaming or InTune audio apps to play a specific song by a specific artist. I hit the right scroll wheel to give it a voice command and speak: "Play song X by artist Y".

What I end up getting is not the specific song requested, but a "radio station" that plays similar songs. Anyone know how to get specific songs by artists? I know I was able to do this on the S and X.

Thanks,
    RT

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Things I learned about Slacker Streaming
    I think it may play "similar" stations it finds instead of the exact song you request sometimes. I am not sure how their logic works, but it seems tied to the "slacker plus" (not slacker premium) that they offer for free.

3. Napboy

Napboy Member

Mine works exactly as you want. Perhaps the specific song you’re looking for sounds like a radio station name?

Another option I use is to say “plays songs by artist a”. Then the keyboard pops up and you can select the”songs” tab and scroll down to find the song you want.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Just like @TEG mentioned in the quote whenever I search for a specific song it usually finds it and plays it. However if I try to search for the same song again within 24 hours since it was last searched for it will go to the custom station for that song but will not play that specific song until the 24 hour window has passed.

I have had Slacker play the same song for me twice in the same day, but that was just from normal track advancing in stations.

What I’d really like to see eventually is Apple Music support. That and SiriusXM via the LTE connection.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. WallyP

WallyP Member

I'm in 100% agreement with you on Apple Music and XM Satellite, specifically for streaming sports games. Hopefully we can see something like that soon.

6. RubberToe

On a recent trip to Vegas I was able to use the "At Bat" Android app on my cell phone to grab an audio stream of a baseball game. With bluetooth on, I selected the "phone" as the audio source on the Model 3 media player menu. Doing this, I was able to listen to the feed. Not ideal, but workable. It dropped out about 4-5 times during the couple hours I was listening, and I had to restart the phone app.

But yes, having the ability to stream Sirius or XM directly in the car media player would be a nice option to have, even if it required a subscription. Basically the same service except delivered over the cellular network versus satellite.

RT

7. WallyP

WallyP Member

Yes, I am an "At Bat' subscriber and frequently listen to games via bluetooth in my M3. And yes, it does drop occasionally and then need to buffer and reconnect.

The drive to Vegas sure would be nice to be connected via satellite like I do in my other cars. Sometimes the cell coverage is spotty and I've never had connectivity issues with XM satellite.

Also, while some sports channels are streamed over InTune internet radio, not all radio sports stations have an agreement with MLB to allow broadcasts over their channel. For example, WEEI sports radio in Boston is an InTune channel, but they are not allowed to stream live game broadcasts.

8. Chris350

Chris350 Member

SiriusXM is a must for me.... Even if it's only their internet app.... I currently stream SiruisXM from the phone and as much as it works pretty consistent, not having access to MLB / NFL or College Football is a downer due to only having an internet subscription. So, my TuneIn pro sub nails about 90% of my needed sports fix as most of the games I list to (90%) get aired there.

9. RubberToe

Is TuneIn pro available for streaming in the Model 3 for the $9.99 per month?

RT

10. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I believe that you can activate the subscription online.... Then in the car, you sign into your account...