Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inv MS 90D for $665/month...$75k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hmmm Pls keep posting these, I'm waiting for the right deal to pull the trigger! Much appreciate your work!
Hey,. if you are shopping I really suggest you consider signing up on the emailing lists for ...

Www.teslainventory.com
Or
www.ev-cpo.com

Example: You can set up private search criteria and get an email every time a refreshed 90D inventory car goes below $90,000. Awesome tools.

Interesting development last night....the lease payments are no longer displayed on the listing pages on tesla.com for inventory cars, only the cash/financed price. Not sure what happened there? simple bug? desire to recognize 100% revenue up front for all inv cars? I have a tough time believing that inv. cars became "unleasable" overnight, but who knows....just when I thought I was getting closer to cracking "the code".

At any rate, if you're actively hunting for a leasable car, I would recommend reaching out to an OA directly. Assuming these cars are still leasable, the lease calculator on tesla.com won't be accurate since one can only input the final sales price, ignoring the orignal MSRP price and associated discount, hence spitting out inflated lease payments. OAs have an internal calculator that is smarter than that and actually give them the accurate numbers and insights into potential upcoming inventory.

If someone needs contact info for an OA, I have a really good one that I can point you to via PM as they're not allowed to share their info on here. Since others have asked, I have no relationship with Tesla or that specific OA.

Thanks for those of you who reached out to thank me for helping them find a car...I think we're at 10 and counting off this thread!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
nteresting development last night....the lease payments are no longer displayed on the listing pages on tesla.com for inventory cars,

Wow, that really is an interesting development. I have to assume it's a temporary thing.. like they are revamping how leasing works, or implementing site-wide changes. Will have to keep up with this. Thanks for posting about it. I guess I can stop the lease gathering code on my site, since they're gone now. :rolleyes:

Wow, that really is an interesting development. I have to assume it's a temporary thing.. like they are revamping how leasing works, or implementing site-wide changes. Will have to keep up with this. Thanks for posting about it. I guess I can stop the lease gathering code on my site, since they're gone now. :rolleyes:

Don't change your code. By the time you do, something else will have changed. I am not suggesting that you're slow, just that they tend to change things early and often :)

Interestingly, the lease numbers are still showing on the main page (Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla) but not on the individual listing pages. Also, they've changed/rewritten the listing template: the "showroom discount" is now simply referred to as "discount". The location seems to be more consistently available as well.

Tesla is trying to move away from leasing these inventory cars, so they're hoping those that purchase from their the site are inclined to just buying the car.

Their also starting to put the kabash on leasing previous model years and current model years with more than 4k miles. You can still lease it if it has more than 4k miles but the residual change is drastic and doesn't make sense to do.

Their also starting to put the kabash on leasing previous model years and current model years with more than 4k miles. You can still lease it if it has more than 4k miles but the residual change is drastic and doesn't make sense to do.

It doesn't make sense for those interested in buying that car at lease-end but it makes complete sense for someone leasing and not planning on buying that car. My car is the perfect example...Im am guessing it will have 30k miles when it's all said and done (5k miles initially) and the residual for my lease ending in February '19 is more than what you could get for a similar car with 1,500 miles on the clock today.