TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Inventory car question

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rmojo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Rmojo

Rmojo Member

I found an inventory car 2019 AWD LR that might work if they can remove full self driving and change the 19” wheels to 18 “ areo.

It has the following:
    • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
    • 19’’ Sport Wheels
    • Black and White Premium Interior
    • Full Self-Driving Capability
    It also has 3,815 miles. All for $54,470.

If they take off $7000 for fsd and 1500 for downgrade to 18” wheels= $45,970. So it looks like it is lowered $5,020 for the mileage. I wanted the black interior but I can live with the white. What do you guys think?

2. waterbrain

waterbrain Member

I think it will be gone before you decide.

• Like x 1
  3. Nalyd

Nalyd New Member

Inventory cars are sold as they are listed, they won't just change the features and knock off the equivalent MSRP.

4. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

That you would need to take the car as is. They "might" take off FSD, but they definitely are not swapping wheels.

• Like x 1
  5. wdskuk

wdskuk Member

That has a bit of miles for a 2019. Probably someones demo or test drive when they had it. Make sure you check the build date on the car. They can probably remove the FSD to save you some money but not the wheels.

6. JBailey895

JBailey895 Member

They WILL remove FSD, they WILL NOT change tires or any other mods. A lot of demos flying off the shelves in California this week, but they're not like OMG discounts. Hey, any discount on a Tesla seems like a gift, so there's that. . .

7. wdskuk

wdskuk Member

I got a 8k discount on my demo Model 3 Performance. I was a basically paying the same amount as I was going to build a long range model 3. But all this was happening before the Model 3 became really popular.

8. JBailey895

JBailey895 Member

Wow, thats a smokin' reduction. I found an avg of $1/mile on the discounts, which isn't horrible, but not worth a year of depreciation on a flogged vehicle.

9. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I would not want a car with 3,800 miles on it for only $5K off MSRP. But as others have said, I bet it’s long gone by now. With Tesla being so short on inventory a $5K discount on a Model 3, even with those miles, is going to be snapped up within minutes.

BTW, there are 8 Model 3’s in inventory in Southern California right now, 7 of which have similar mileage on them.