Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory car & unlimited Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you select today an inventory car (< 50 miles), will Tesla gives you unlimited access to the Supercharger network?
The car has been manufactured before April 2017 but is sold after Jan 15th.

I read Tesla answered Yes to the CPO cars...but what about new inventory cars ?

Yes there is. CPO/Inventory/preowned cars will retain free supercharging for life.

Can you point to your source? My SA said that the car had to be purchased before Jan 15 and delivered before April to be eligible. Inventory cars have never been purchased and are therefore considered new cars that you can order immediately instead of waiting for a customization. Even the cars with miles (loaners/demos) are considered "new".

Confirmed by my sales advisor : currently all tesla sold by tesla here in Europe (new order, inventory or CPO) have unlimited suc access. Will be true at least during next 4 weeks.

I'd get it in an email just to have written confirmation.

I agree, if that has been presented as an option, get it in writing - that definitely doesn't sound right to me and runs counter to all the recent threads about upgrading to 100D and losing FUSC. The above email would seem to indicate that a new 100D Tesla in Europe would be entitled to FUSC. I can't imagine that is correct.

It could be the advisor is confusing "free" supercharger access (400 KwH per year) with FUSC.

Straight from my sales advisor:

Inventory Vehicles
  • Any inventory vehicle built (has a PEOL date before 1/16/17) qualifies for free, unlimited Supercharging, regardless of when the vehicle is ordered or delivered
  • Any inventory vehicle that has a PEOL date on or after 1/16/17 (regardless of market or region) does not qualify for free, unlimited Supercharging
  • This includes all current inventory on the ground and en route to a Tesla location
Custom Ordered Vehicles
  • Any custom vehicle ordered by EOD 1/15/17 that is built by 4/15/17 (has a PEOL date on or before 4/15/17) will receive free, unlimited Supercharging
  • For any custom vehicle that is ordered on or after 1/16/17, it will not receive free, unlimited Supercharging
  • If a customer pushes back their delivery date, such that their vehicle will not be built by 4/15/17 (their PEOL date goes beyond 4/15/17), they will not receive free, unlimited Supercharging
So based on this, it really depends more on the PEOL (which I think stands for "production end of line" or the date it was DONE being built, basically). Being you are in Europe, 99% of the cars that are "in stock" right now in Europe would have been built by 1/15/2017 or prior. But, there are prob vehicles that are currently in-transit that were built post-Jan-15 and would be non-unlim-supercharging. So just double check when it was built.

I agree, if that has been presented as an option, get it in writing - that definitely doesn't sound right to me and runs counter to all the recent threads about upgrading to 100D and losing FUSC. The above email would seem to indicate that a new 100D Tesla in Europe would be entitled to FUSC. I can't imagine that is correct.

It could be the advisor is confusing "free" supercharger access (400 KwH per year) with FUSC.
100D will not reach Europe before April.... time to manufacture + time to ship.

Inventory & used cars I search on Canada site, will say "supercharger enabled"

Which I take to mean, yes, free SpC for life for that car.

I'm not sure I'd read that as FUSC. I'd read that to mean the car is capable of using the SC. That being said, all current CPO cars should all have FUSC. The question for me is whether inventory cars built before January 16, 2017 also have FUSC.