Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory cars gone, inventory cars remain...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same motors, and the lower suspension is minor at best. Definitely Not 7500 noticeable
Wrong, the rear motors are different, LR gets 990 iirc and P 980 with its supporting electrics. There is no way to turn a LR into a P because of this, everything else you can bolt on or mod. Sometimes one might get a LR with the 980 motor and its those that can use a Ghost module, otherwise nope.

However using these products you end up in a firmware arms race with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: flgatorfan
Different Motors and other differences on P model. The acceleration boost on the LR is nice...it drops 0-60 from 4.8 to 4.2 for $2,000 last time I checked. P is .7 faster from 0-60, has better brakes, better handling. BUT you can have a LR for 47,000 after tax credit that is still darn fast with AB. Even without AB the LR is not a slow car by any means.

Literally had my SA change the vin when I saw the announcement. For the day he didn’t reply I was concerned. However he or she made it happen. Got the all white black white interior model y for Jan 30 delivery. All model y under 55k was gone after that.

P has different motors and lowered suspension still, right? If it were just software I'd gladly take a LR boost.
No more lowered suspension on the performance models. They are the same height as the LR now - multiple threads to confirm too.

The Performance isn't worth the price difference anymore. Sure it's faster but no incentive. The LR boosted is more than fast enough on the street.

Reactions: Yelobird
No more lowered suspension on the performance models. They are the same height as the LR now - multiple threads to confirm too.

The Performance isn't worth the price difference anymore. Sure it's faster but no incentive. The LR boosted is more than fast enough on the street.

Is tesla.com wrong?

1673760877772.png

Depends, they could make paint and such $0 options for a time if they wanted to. They have full control of the "MSRP."

I don't think it is anywhere near that simple.
For one, the window sticker is on the car. Future cars could have a different sticker.
Second, any price changes on an option would affect the entire fleet, not just 10 cars sitting on your favorite lot.

My guess is that to move those cars, Tesla will have to discount them somewhat commensurate with the unavailable tax credit, but the msrp will not change. It is interesting that Tesla is able to not charge the delivery fee. That is the only wiggle room I have noticed in the sticker.

Here is my guess at the arithmetic:
+2,000 options already on the car
(7,500) unavailable tax credit
+1,400 already discounted delivery fee
----
Anticipate $4,000 additional discount

Last edited:
This is a cleverly designed fast pass lane.
Anyone that doesn't qualify for the credit (and hence doesn't have much of an incentive to wait for months to get a Tesla vs. other EVs) can skip the line and pick up a tesla with no wait time...