Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Cars in NY/NJ Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with the tesla centers near me and if anyone is interested they have plenty of RWD and performance cars. As for AWD, they have 3 cars available for pick up immediately. They are red/white, DBM/white and Silver/white.

What sc told you this? I was told by a sc in NY that there were going to look for an inventory RWD car in the area with my build after they scheduled my delivery on a car with the wrong wheels. They told me last Tuesday that they were going to look and I haven't heard anything since, at this point neither the store or my DA in Nevada are responding to emails. I know they are slammed trying to make deliveries before the end of the quarter but this was the 2nd time they've had to change my car after a lack of communication on their end and I keep hearing of all these inventory RWD cars sitting around I'm starting to get frustrated. On top of that it's metallic silver which is supposed to be the color they're accelerating delivery of... My delivery is still scheduled for next Sunday but at this point I doubt I'll get the car unless they can find one sitting in a lot in NJ or something.

Reactions: neroden
Goes to show Tesla really did make a significant miscalculation on demand for RWD cars (with the AWDs only 5K more) and with white interiors. After speaking with a sales guy at Tesla in Westchester it sounds like there's a pretty significant inventory of RWD cars - these are not just test drive cars but cars that were delivered en masse expecting to get matched, then ultimately did not have a buyer for them as of now.

It begs the question as to whether some of the operations-type people that are leaving were actually invited to leave because of this botched rollout as opposed to leaving because there is some unseen Tesla-short-type weakness.