Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Cars vs Ordered Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting on my M3 SR+ for nearly a month, and this morning I see online that a car with the same specs that I ordered popped up on the inventory in the city I will be picking up in. Anybody have any experience with this same scenario, or any suggestions on why one would come in and get put in inventory, instead of going to me??

I've been waiting on my M3 SR+ for nearly a month, and this morning I see online that a car with the same specs that I ordered popped up on the inventory in the city I will be picking up in. Anybody have any experience with this same scenario, or any suggestions on why one would come in and get put in inventory, instead of going to me??
1. Just because it's in inventory doesn't mean it's there yet. Could have just left the factory. I did the same thing, Called to see if I could get the one in inventory rather than wait for mine to get there. Turned out it was actually farther away than the car I ordered.

2. Call you advisor and ask them. If it's actually there, they can switch the VIN on your order and put you in that one.

1. Just because it's in inventory doesn't mean it's there yet. Could have just left the factory. I did the same thing, Called to see if I could get the one in inventory rather than wait for mine to get there. Turned out it was actually farther away than the car I ordered.

2. Call you advisor and ask them. If it's actually there, they can switch the VIN on your order and put you in that one.

Good to know! Thanks!

Reactions: van_678
I saw that this morning as well. I think we're both picking up in Vancouver TShockeyFamily? I saw my old configuration in stock. I emailed my SA and he said that "trucks carrying Tesla's have started arriving" and that we may see deliveries start before the end of June, and that my new configuration would be fine. The ones that are in stock right now don't have VIN's.

I saw that this morning as well. I think we're both picking up in Vancouver TShockeyFamily? I saw my old configuration in stock. I emailed my SA and he said that "trucks carrying Tesla's have started arriving" and that we may see deliveries start before the end of June, and that my new configuration would be fine. The ones that are in stock right now don't have VIN's.
Yea we have one in Tesla Calgary as well but no VIN. Maybe it just means they will receiving a lot of inventory soon..

Yep, picking up in Vancouver as well. I'm so eager, I just can't wait anymore!

Reactions: jbolli
I had something similar happen when I picked up my car a couple of months ago. About a week before my scheduled delivery, a number of exact copies of my order appeared on my dealer's inventory. I called and was able to pick-up a few days early.

Best,