Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I've seen in the last few days a big influx of inventory cars being updated. I am after a MD3 Performance and wondered if anyone has any experience with inventory cars? Anything i should take into consideration over a new car?

Tesla have said that i would have to take delivery by end of September or will miss out, can anyone advise on the likelihood of another batch of Inventory cars being available again in the next few months? I was advised possibly December....

Thanks,
Teza

Hi

I've seen in the last few days a big influx of inventory cars being updated. I am after a MD3 Performance and wondered if anyone has any experience with inventory cars? Anything i should take into consideration over a new car?

Tesla have said that i would have to take delivery by end of September or will miss out, can anyone advise on the likelihood of another batch of Inventory cars being available again in the next few months? I was advised possibly December....

Thanks,
Teza

unless it’s used - if it’s mileage is listed as less than 50 it’s a brand new car that’s not yet been allocated but is on a ship to the UK (or unlikely already arrived in the UK)...

if you were to place a new order and it matches one of the specs they have inventory for chances are you’d be allocated one of the inventory cars anyway :)

ahh thanks for the reply Alistair, much appreciated. Challenge is i'm moving house at the moment, therefore hesitant to take delivery until i'm moved in. I wish i could purchase and delay delivery :(

Place a new “custom” (non inventory) order and complete the steps...

Sooner your in the queue the sooner you’ll get allocated - if they allocate you a car for September just call them and tell them you can’t take delivery until X date (pick a date 4 weeks before you want the car!! I messed up I told them I couldn’t take delivery before August and they marked it as do not allocate until August!!) and they’ll put you back into the queue - but don’t expect a delivery in October as earliest ships will reach UK will be November.

ahh but there is a significant difference in saving from inventory to new, 3K when i last checked. Therefore would prefer inventory, espcially if the under 50 mile ones are new, its a no brainer right?

ahh but there is a significant difference in saving from inventory to new, 3K when i last checked. Therefore would prefer inventory, espcially if the under 50 mile ones are new, its a no brainer right?

You are trying to have your cake and eat it, really.

That 3k price drop is in exchange for the inconvenience of having to organise your life around taking delivery in September. Doubt there's much way around it since they are doing it to hit quarterly targets.
You could wait until the next quarter end, there will likely be something similar (but no guarantee).

Yer go for it - it might be them trying to flog them before end of quarter so they’ve lowered the price slightly to shift them.. as usually the inventory is the same cost as new.

I spoke to Tesla regarding the inventory M3P cars and told anything less than 50 miles is new and either in transit or on site somewhere. The ones with mileage shown are demo cars and are still being used daily with test drives until someone puts deposit on them when they will be taken out of service.
There are no appraisals available for these demos and the prices are adjusted for mileage and damage to bodywork, trim or wheels and there is no possibility of them fixing any damage what so ever so sold as seen on collection day really. Your warranty has already commenced along with connectivity so all this has to be factored into your decision. Delivery is definately by end of this month and if you look on the site it indicates accelerated delivery on these demos so moving the date back is also not an option. Some good savings but if you have to have wheels refurbed and trim/dings/scratches fixed this can soon make it not so much of a bargain (if £52k can be called a bargain!)

Hi all, had a call from Tesla today to see if I was still interested in the model 3 p inventory cars and they stated they only have a few left. I was told by them that the next batch of inventory cars next quarter are unlikely to have the discount applied and in-fact this was the first time they had done it in several years! How true is this? Or are they just trying sales techniques on me

thanks,
Teza

Hi all, had a call from Tesla today to see if I was still interested in the model 3 p inventory cars and they stated they only have a few left. I was told by them that the next batch of inventory cars next quarter are unlikely to have the discount applied and in-fact this was the first time they had done it in several years! How true is this? Or are they just trying sales techniques on me

thanks,
Teza
Tesla changes its prices a lot. There was a price drop straight after I bought my M3LR in March 2020.

If you don't need your car now I would be relaxed about waiting. After battery day on 22 September there may be some announcements that make you happy you waited. Also there are some rumoured M3 upgrades in the pipeline (power trunk, double glazing, heat pump) which may arrive if you wait.

Tesla changes its prices a lot. There was a price drop straight after I bought my M3LR in March 2020.

If you don't need your car now I would be relaxed about waiting. After battery day on 22 September there may be some announcements that make you happy you waited. Also there are some rumoured M3 upgrades in the pipeline (power trunk, double glazing, heat pump) which may arrive if you wait.
Here is the thread:

Model 3 Upgrade Incoming?

If there are some nice changes come battery day then there is a high liklihood that all the existing inventory or demo's will be discounted at quarters end as most people will be looking at buying the new "improved" model over existing specced ones.?

Reactions: Teza
If there are some nice changes come battery day then there is a high liklihood that all the existing inventory or demo's will be discounted at quarters end as most people will be looking at buying the new "improved" model over existing specced ones.?

They'll almost certainly have to do that. Otherwise they'll have lots of stock that no one will buy. Likewise they need to avoid the Osbourne effect, and be careful what they announce and the timing of it's release.

As has been mentioned, Battery day is more for investors than customers and likely most of what's announced is mid to long term things.

I'm not sure I would be expecting there to be any immediate changes announced at Battery day, more where things might be in the next 12, 24 and 36 months as new technology comes forward. Autopilot day last year didn't bring any new features or the like.

Certainly last year it was nothing like an apple Keynote, more a fairly relaxed presentation from Elon and the key engineers discussing the roadmap to quite a high level of detail. Also about an hour late starting if I remember right. It's not really the stage produced corporate BS and excessive self congratulatory superlatives that we will see from Mr Cook & co tonight, Elon keeps that for product launches where he invites the 'influencers', they aren't invited to Battery day.