Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory deals for EOY 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to score a deal on an inventory car before the end of the year, been looking for the past two weeks on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ but it seems like deals are dry?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Have we ever seen Tesla get aggressive on pricing the last 3-4 days before close of the year?
haha not in the bay area this year. They probably won't even get the people who ordered in nov their cars by EOY.

I'm trying to score a deal on an inventory car before the end of the year, been looking for the past two weeks on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ but it seems like deals are dry?

Have we ever seen Tesla get aggressive on pricing the last 3-4 days before close of the year?
No deals on the east coast either! Ordered mine and it took 3 weeks but picked up today!

They did some extra supercharging miles and such last year. THIS year, your "deal" would be the ability to actually take delivery of a car by 12/31 if you started now.

• Love
Reactions: boriszima
There is too big of a backlog for Tesla to have any deals right now. New orders are 5-8 weeks out and Tesla is expected to sell all remaining inventory prior to year end. Once January arrives they will be building international orders for the next 8 weeks so there will continue to be a shortage of cars until at least March.

haha not in the bay area this year. They probably won't even get the people who ordered in nov their cars by EOY.

I must have been lucky, or bought at the right time.

walked into the sunnyvale store on a friday (end of sept.), put down a deposit on an existing m3 that we found in fremont and drove up to get it later that night. (minor snafu about NOT having a paper check or my checking acct info with me; no one told me that credit card was not ok for the final pickup. we did get it straightened out, at the last minute, literally).

at the time, at least, there were many cars already built and ready to be bought. fremont was busy. in a good way.

Reactions: arturpk
I must have been lucky, or bought at the right time.

walked into the sunnyvale store on a friday (end of sept.), put down a deposit on an existing m3 that we found in fremont and drove up to get it later that night. (minor snafu about NOT having a paper check or my checking acct info with me; no one told me that credit card was not ok for the final pickup. we did get it straightened out, at the last minute, literally).

at the time, at least, there were many cars already built and ready to be bought. fremont was busy. in a good way.
What trim?

just checking the website; yeah, it does say its close to 2 months wait now.

I was going over, in my head, what car and set of options I'd like next (coming from a 15 yr old passat). finally, one day at the end of the month (hoping there might be some kind of deal), I went into the dealership, asked to see what was 'on hand' and found something that was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. (now, 3 months into it, I would have liked to have gone AWD/LR, but just didn't realize that back then).

end of sept, they were offering another 1k supercharger miles, so that was my incentive. that, and getting the car that very day, impulse-buy like ;)

hopefully tesla can get ahead of the curve again. it was great being able to get one that very day. having to wait would have changed the feel of the sale, for sure.

Wait until early March 2020. Tesla will be eager to make 1Q goal, the China plant will be online to cover APAC demand and there won’t be end of tax credit to motivate buyers.

Early December there were still inventory (Demo) cars with a few K miles, and apparent willingness to deal.

I was scouting for a friend on a tight budget, looking for a stealth Performance or Performance under $50k. Didn’t pull the trigger.

Bought our S100D two years ago as a Demo with 1,100 miles. Nice discount, completely debugged, delivered in flawless condition.

Scoring a deal? No. Finding inventory car is possible. Ignore new inventory listing on website (only performance cars if any). You need to call your delivery center, and they will tell you what they have. We took delivery of pearl white SR+ yesterday 3 days after our phone call.