TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Inventory deals for EOY 2019

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by islack, Dec 23, 2019.

1. islack

islack Member

I'm trying to score a deal on an inventory car before the end of the year, been looking for the past two weeks on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ but it seems like deals are dry?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
    Have we ever seen Tesla get aggressive on pricing the last 3-4 days before close of the year?

• Funny x 1
  2. arturpk

arturpk Member

haha not in the bay area this year. They probably won't even get the people who ordered in nov their cars by EOY.

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

If they have moved the cars out of inventory, then why would they discount?

I haven't heard of any deals this quarter. I think that they have folks who are begging to get a car

4. Wes77

Wes77 Member

No deals on the east coast either! Ordered mine and it took 3 weeks but picked up today!

5. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

They did some extra supercharging miles and such last year. THIS year, your "deal" would be the ability to actually take delivery of a car by 12/31 if you started now.

• Love x 1
  6. arturpk

arturpk Member

Love seeing sh*t like this when my SA is telling me that my order from mid-nov might not be delivered by the EOY.

7. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

I'd be down to get Sr+ if there are any left over but I dont think there will be

8. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

There is too big of a backlog for Tesla to have any deals right now. New orders are 5-8 weeks out and Tesla is expected to sell all remaining inventory prior to year end. Once January arrives they will be building international orders for the next 8 weeks so there will continue to be a shortage of cars until at least March.

9. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Black Friday deal was if you order that day, you might get it before the end of the year.

• Funny x 2
  10. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

I must have been lucky, or bought at the right time.

walked into the sunnyvale store on a friday (end of sept.), put down a deposit on an existing m3 that we found in fremont and drove up to get it later that night. (minor snafu about NOT having a paper check or my checking acct info with me; no one told me that credit card was not ok for the final pickup. we did get it straightened out, at the last minute, literally).

at the time, at least, there were many cars already built and ready to be bought. fremont was busy. in a good way.

• Like x 1
  11. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

What trim?

12. linux-works

probably the easiest, other than color:

red, sr+, aero, black-int

13. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

Niiice

14. linux-works

just checking the website; yeah, it does say its close to 2 months wait now.

I was going over, in my head, what car and set of options I'd like next (coming from a 15 yr old passat). finally, one day at the end of the month (hoping there might be some kind of deal), I went into the dealership, asked to see what was 'on hand' and found something that was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. (now, 3 months into it, I would have liked to have gone AWD/LR, but just didn't realize that back then).

end of sept, they were offering another 1k supercharger miles, so that was my incentive. that, and getting the car that very day, impulse-buy like ;)

hopefully tesla can get ahead of the curve again. it was great being able to get one that very day. having to wait would have changed the feel of the sale, for sure.

15. NickFie

NickFie Member

Wait until early March 2020. Tesla will be eager to make 1Q goal, the China plant will be online to cover APAC demand and there won’t be end of tax credit to motivate buyers.

Early December there were still inventory (Demo) cars with a few K miles, and apparent willingness to deal.

I was scouting for a friend on a tight budget, looking for a stealth Performance or Performance under $50k. Didn’t pull the trigger.

Bought our S100D two years ago as a Demo with 1,100 miles. Nice discount, completely debugged, delivered in flawless condition.

16. HG Wells

HG Wells Active Member

If you ask nicely, they may throw in the 29 cent BIC pen you use at signing.

17. gerebgraus

gerebgraus Member

Scoring a deal? No. Finding inventory car is possible. Ignore new inventory listing on website (only performance cars if any). You need to call your delivery center, and they will tell you what they have. We took delivery of pearl white SR+ yesterday 3 days after our phone call.

18. boriszima

boriszima Member

Based on reading these forums, there will be no cars left by the end of the year. So unlikely any deals.