Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past few weeks they’ve added many plaids and a few LR to inventory and the past 2 days have been zero. This seems odd how can it now be zero? People have also had EDD dropped or pushed back. Is it possible they have another production halt as we saw in July? I have an X and LRs on order both are now blank for EDD.
Speculation only obviously I don’t know.

Sure goal of zero inventory, but how did they do it in one day? I’ve OCD checked at least 10 times today looking for the unicorn LR available in my area and they have no cars in the country!
my guess would be instead of showing on inventory they just offer it to the next person in line. This would be much faster to move iron for EOQ.

I'll never understand how Tesla convinces customers to take EOQ cars. What's the incentive?

We are still in a crazy market right now with limited inventories due to things like chip shortages but historically, Tesla has offered incentives to push EOQ sales e.g., additional discounts on new existing inventory cars, reduced rate financing, free supercharging, etc.

Even these days, Tesla has still been offering slight discounts on new existing inventory M3s and MYs but we probably won't be seeing discounts or other incentives on the MS (or MX) anytime soon. At least not until inventories return to normal.