Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did a quick search and didn't find what I'm looking for, so I'm asking here (feel free to point me to relevant thread).

I have a Model X, which is our family car. My husband is finally going to replace his 11 year old Prius with an electric car. Since the X is our main/family/travel car, he's looking for an electric car to commute, including commuting to various longer distances in the Bay Area (meaning pathetic range electrics aren't in our consideration). We do not have a Model 3 reservation and we are not considering it due to the amount of time it'll take to get one. This means he is considering a Bolt...or an inventory 75D Model S. Laughable comparison, I know.

What are the cons of an inventory (5K miles) 75D Model S? We bought our X more than a year ago, so I haven't had my head in these forums in awhile. Thanks for any help.

I just did a quick search and didn't find what I'm looking for, so I'm asking here (feel free to point me to relevant thread).

I have a Model X, which is our family car. My husband is finally going to replace his 11 year old Prius with an electric car. Since the X is our main/family/travel car, he's looking for an electric car to commute, including commuting to various longer distances in the Bay Area (meaning pathetic range electrics aren't in our consideration). We do not have a Model 3 reservation and we are not considering it due to the amount of time it'll take to get one. This means he is considering a Bolt...or an inventory 75D Model S. Laughable comparison, I know.

What are the cons of an inventory (5K miles) 75D Model S? We bought our X more than a year ago, so I haven't had my head in these forums in awhile. Thanks for any help.
The inventory Model S likely wouldn't have the new MCU2 in it, but if you're used to your X's screen it would feel the same. If the discount is big enough go for the inventory model (use your own referral code for $500 service or accessory credit and get free unlimited supercharging)!

As someone said before bring a Tesla owner jumps you to the front of M3 line. I saw someone order and about 3 weeks later hey their model 3. Plus it would help that you live on the west coast. Less transportation time.

If your thinking about range M3 would be the one. Longer range and much cheaper price. I feel the MS is more luxurious and more refined car. If you buy and inventory you want also get dual motor, new MCU and lighted vanity mirrors. I was looking at an inventory before we went with a custom order. For the price difference I was not really saving any money. But I really wanted autopolit and premium package.

Not sure what your time frame is, but since you have an X, your wait time should be 2 or 3 months. We own a S and our waiting time for the 3 is around 6-7 weeks. Ordered in late Feb and picking up 4/28... hope this helps