Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory models and huge discounts are back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed on EV-cpo.com that inventory models are back in high quantity as they were virtually nothing a couple months ago last time I checked. Also, saw a few 100Ds with as much as $19,000 off. This could be due to a end of quarter push. Nows the time folks ;)

I've read Q3 2019 thrown around as a date for the interior refresh - but perhaps this is more of an outside date, so as not to hurt current sales.

I would not be at all surprised to see the new interior for the S & X introduced within the next 6 months. The earliest I could see it would be the middle of next quarter.

Now is probably the worst time to buy.

Model S refresh coming soon
Questionable Q3 production/delivery results
CEO off the rails
Executive team leaving en masse
Tax credits set to phase out
Unlimited supercharging phased out

Any two of those would be a hard wait-and-see for me. YMMV.

I can't believe I'm replying to this but...I can't disagree more.

"Model S refresh coming soon": As someone else pointed out, people in the community have been speculating about a refresh for well over a year. There is no public, reliable information about the timing of another Model S refresh. Also the refresh, when it comes, might not be to everyone's liking. I still like my pre-2016-refresh Model S, in some ways better than new production.

"Questionable Q3 production results": I don't know what you call "questionable". I'm sure that no matter how the Q3 numbers go, someone's going to question them. What effect this has on buying a Model S I'm not sure.

"CEO off the rails": His colorful behavior is irrelevant to the question of buying an inventory car. Honestly I don't read his tweets and I still haven't watched the Joe Rogan interview.

"Executive team leaving en masse": Tesla has always had a lot of turnover. Not as dramatic as you make it sound.

"Tax credit set to phase out": I don't get this. If you want the Federal tax credit, buy sooner rather than later.

"Unlimited supercharging phase out": This could be significant for road warriors. For most people I'm guessing it's not. (Note that what's been discontinued is unlimited FREE LIFETIME Supercharging WITH A REFERRAL.)

Evaluate each CPO on its merits. Ignore the noise.

Bruce.

Bruce, thank you for replying so I didn't have to.
(My favorite was "don't buy now because the tax credit set to phase out").

::sigh::

When the tax credit phases out Tesla is going to start incentivizing at the time or purchase.

The queue of people lining up to purchase is dwindling and they will need to do something to maintain sales.

"Model S refresh coming soon": As someone else pointed out, people in the community have been speculating about a refresh for well over a year. There is no public, reliable information about the timing of another Model S refresh. Also the refresh, when it comes, might not be to everyone's liking. I still like my pre-2016-refresh Model S, in some ways better than new production.

"Questionable Q3 production results": I don't know what you call "questionable". I'm sure that no matter how the Q3 numbers go, someone's going to question them. What effect this has on buying a Model S I'm not sure.

"CEO off the rails": His colorful behavior is irrelevant to the question of buying an inventory car. Honestly I don't read his tweets and I still haven't watched the Joe Rogan interview.

"Executive team leaving en masse": Tesla has always had a lot of turnover. Not as dramatic as you make it sound.

"Tax credit set to phase out": I don't get this. If you want the Federal tax credit, buy sooner rather than later.

"Unlimited supercharging phase out": This could be significant for road warriors. For most people I'm guessing it's not. (Note that what's been discontinued is unlimited FREE LIFETIME Supercharging WITH A REFERRAL.)

Bruce.

You should watch the Joe Rogan interview. There's a lot of interesting discussion. The pot smoking part is such a small and irrelevant part of the interview, which was sensationalized.

Bruce.

I can't believe I'm replying to this reply but...I can't AGREE more. :D

• Disagree
Reactions: BurntOC and bmah