Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Price vs Build Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model X. A new inventory model x in my location just became available. When i put the exact same specs in to order one the price is $4000 less than the one in inventory. The one in inventory is in my location so there is no delivery fee. The new one in inventory also has 1400 miles. Why would an inventory model cost more than building new?

They just recently dropped the prices. This happened to me when I was ordering an inventory car and Tesla decided to drop the Model X 20K by making ludacuris mode free. I called them explained my situation and long story short they wouldn’t reduce the price on the inventory one. I backed out of my purchase, had to make payments on the inventory car I never took delivery on since the bank had already funded the loan.

Some of the inventory ones have free supercharging. Also, are you totally sure all specs are the same? I think they are likely to have FSD on the inventory one. In general, though, yes, they will discount one with 1400 miles on it. So something is amiss if it is identical but priced higher.