Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory vehicle arrived - debadged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a 5 weeks my inventory vehicle which has 1000 miles on it arrived. I and my DS were both surprised to see that it arrived debadged. The DS asked if I had somehow ordered that specially. Is it more likely that it was missed or swiped? Anyone else have anything similar happen?

Agree. I was just taken by surprise. Had to double check on screen that it was the right model. The car was still in demo mode, so I had to ask them to remove the inventory rate limiter.

The DS looked surprised when I asked about it. She said she didn't want to ask, had never seen one arrive like that, and had assumed I had somehow ordered it that way.

Exact same thing happened with mine. I didn't even notice 'till I'd had the car for a few days, and I didn't tell them about it until the first time I needed service -- they had no problem putting the badge back on. They too said it was the first time they'd had a request to re-badge a car.

I'm surprised, unless the car was at some point in its history converted between battery configurations (seems super unlikely; it was inventory not CPO and had about 2,500 miles on it when I got it) that they'd have an inventory/loaner car in their fleet without the badge on it. But yeah, it happened to me too.

We had some other delivery/setup issues mostly relating to us pushing to get the car in a hurry (it was my birthday!) -- I'm sure Mt. Kisco would have caught them if at a normal pace -- and they mostly seemed to be stuff that was missed in the hand-off from King of Prussia, where the car had been, to Mt. Kisco, where we bought it. They took care of them all for us even though we didn't catch one of them for literally a year after we had the car. I'd totally buy another inventory car, badge or no. :)

I think the most important question to @Firewired and @tls is, who got de-badged inventory cars.

What battery do you have in your car?

If it is a 75k kWh battery hardware, it would figure Tesla made inventory for 60/75 use without badges. Once customer buys, the right badge is supposed to be placed in place?

Another more remote reason that springs to mind is a P90DL being sold as either P90D or P90DL, though in that case just removing/not placing the bar under the badge might make more sense... (We know Tesla has been downgrading L cars to non-L for CPOs due to the pack performance counter limitations...)

• Disagree
Reactions: NikeWings
The 90 and 100 have different battery packs, but otherwise the same equipment. It's possible they could leave the badge off an inventory car to leave the option open for replacing the 100 pack with a 90 and selling it as a 90.