TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Inventory vs Custom Order

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Gamekaze, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gamekaze

Gamekaze Member

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, I put down a deposit on an inventory. Today, I noticed that custom order is only $4,000 more, which comes with air suspension and premium speaker. Did I get a bad deal?

upload_2017-9-4_19-26-16.png

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#2 HankLloydRight, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Those are both personal decisions, but about worth the added cost/value. I personally like having both options, I'd probably pay $4k (US$3200) to have them. But it's not a bad deal if you don't get them.

Good luck!

3. GuillaumeDC

GuillaumeDC Member

I have both and love them. Depends on your budget I guess. Did you noticed de P100d in inventory wich is 30 000$ less than the custom order ?

4. Gamekaze

Gamekaze Member

If I custom order, I don't get low interest rate :(

5. Gamekaze

Gamekaze Member

P100D is definitely out of my budget.

6. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Does it do what you want? If so, ENJOY it. ;)

7. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

First rule about new car buying: there will ALWAYS be a deal with better value after you pull the trigger. No sense in beating yourself up (unless the car you just bought got like 25% cheaper overnight....then I'd probably beat myself up a bit.)

• Like x 1
  8. agloutney

agloutney Member

#8 agloutney, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Also you could get free unlimited Supercharging and save $1400 if you use a referral code. If you have a friend who owns a Tesla and helped you out you can ask them for one or PM me and I can send you one.

Edit: By the way, I have standard suspension on mine and wouldn't change that. Even in snow it's fine and less parts to worry about when out of warranty. Sound can be upgraded after market for less than premium sound cost.

9. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Member

A new build will also likely get you the increased performance specs. Check to see if this inventory car has it, I doubt it does though.

Also, make sure you apply a referral code to your order for $1,400 off either way you go.

10. wayner

wayner Active Member

I have air suspension and I think I used it once or twice to lower the car. Maybe some use it all the time but for my use it doesn't matter at all. Enjoy your new, awesome, vehicle.

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I had the premium sound in my original P85. It was decent, but not spectacular. I didn't bother with it on my 100D and I don't miss it.

Air suspension is a nice-to-have. It's handy for going over the occasional really high curb, but there are other ways to deal with that.

12. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

I use the very high on the suspension all the time in parking lots. Even on very high I had problems with a concrete parking stopper! I would not have an S without it as the body is so low already.

13. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Compared to the premium sound, don't you find the navigation volume to be too low (even when it's maxed) when you have the player volume at 6 or above? I'm not sure if it's just my car or all Tesla's with standard sound have that issue.

14. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Never noticed. I usually have navigation muted. I often turn on navigation just to track power utilization in the Energy App, and to help predict arrival time. If I'm in an unfamiliar area with complex turns, then I turn on the sound. And if the music is too loud I turn it down.

15. TheGreat1

TheGreat1 Member

I definitely found this test driving a new S75D this past weekend.

16. wayner

wayner Active Member

Premium sound - yes. Air suspension - I think I have touched it once in the 33 months that I have had the car.

17. arcus

arcus Member

That just works as a reassurance on my choice of inventory car with standard coil suspension. Premium sound - worth every penny to me though.

18. wayner

wayner Active Member

True - but some audiophiles complain that the Tesla Premium sound is crappy and that you can do a lot better taking that money and buying an after-market system.

19. arcus

arcus Member

I am sure you can always do better with sound. In such case I'd rather invest in better sound system for home than the car - need to draw a line somewhere ;)

20. Safari

Safari Member

Personal preference based on budget and possible resale value concerns.
    I have neither in my S90D and don't miss them, having experienced them in others' MS and loaners. It was interesting to see the loaners raise and lower on highways and off ramps but I can't tell what actual effect it has on long range mileage other than an appreciation that lower should result in a more streamlined posture. I haven't needed it so far in 21,000 km driving. It might affect your ability to drive thru a car wash but I avoid the ones with tracks (perhaps others can weight in of air suspension goes high enough to make a difference in a car wash?). I was told by others that they were not impressed with the premium sound package so I didn't bother, and have adjusted Slacker radio from low to the highest bitrate to get 320 kbps music streaming. I can find you that link if you need it.