Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inverter Reserting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me that the issues getakey and Scoco are different. In Scoco's case, the PWs charge up when PV power is reported, and there are periods of time when the system appears to work normally. In getakey's case, PWs were displayed as discharging at the same time as PV generation. I would certainly not try to tell Tesla what the problem diagnosis is, but rather just point out that the system is clearly not working correctly.

It seems to me that the issues getakey and Scoco are different. In Scoco's case, the PWs charge up when PV power is reported, and there are periods of time when the system appears to work normally. In getakey's case, PWs were displayed as discharging at the same time as PV generation. I would certainly not try to tell Tesla what the problem diagnosis is, but rather just point out that the system is clearly not working correctly.
I think the CTs can be installed incorrectly multiple ways. Many people have reported issues with the CTs wrong. Its certainly the first thing I would check

why wouldn't they help until PTO? They are responsible for a proper installation
Good point. Well now I have the ammo to be prepared for the service issue before I pay for it. I’ve had others tell me this is “normal” but it certainly doesn’t look normal.

i should add the first day or so I had it on it appeared to work fine. I can attach those images if needed.

I recently had a Tesla solar install. No inspection or net meter installed yet. Those appointments are made by them I guess.

looking at the app however it appears to me something is resetting or failing on a consistent basis.

is this an inverter resetting?
As a side note does anyone know if the inverter has a log where you could see resets etc? I logged on one time after resetting it as I understood that’s the only way to log on to it. Unfortunately it appears the log is gone after a reset.

Reset the inverter during peak production around 1pm and then connect to the interface and you will likely see the following error when it resets again. Usually for me it happened every 15-30 min.

Attachments

• 5FC938CB-D3AA-4AA3-AA60-35EABC7D45DB.png
    5FC938CB-D3AA-4AA3-AA60-35EABC7D45DB.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 58
  • FC5983CE-348E-4B69-95DB-AAA114647822.png
    FC5983CE-348E-4B69-95DB-AAA114647822.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 47