TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Inverter use on model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GJ79, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GJ79

GJ79 Member

Now that Hurricane Irma has passed I would really like to get a generator or an Inverter. I would prefer the Inverter for the Car as I wouldn't have to deal with any gas. But I'd need at least a 1000 Watt version. This is the one I am eyeballing.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-TechON-PS1002-Inverter-1000W/dp/B0131L8NLM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505667009&sr=8-3&keywords=pure+sine+wave+inverter+1000w

Now my question. Is it safe to run this of the Tesla Jumpstart posts in the nosecone ? I have a 2014 P85+. I am hearing that people use a 1kw inverter with no issues but I also read that the Jumpstart posts are only fused for 50 amps which wouldn't be enough for a 1kw inverter. How a bout long term use of several days ? Also would this also void the Tesla Battery Warranty as it's a 12 Volt inverter and wouldn't be hooked up to the High Voltage Battery?

2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

I have the same question regarding running a 1000W inverter from the charging posts in the nosecone.
    Another idea ... how about running the inverter directly from the 12V battery in the frunk? is this safe?

3. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

It’s a very small battery.... and not a deep cycle one, I don’t think.
    I think that the battery would not be covered if it died prematurely due to overdischrge...
    Solar and storage might be your better option to avoid gasoline or diesel.