TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Investment in SpaceX

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Cattledog, Nov 16, 2019.

?

If you could invest in SpaceX by selling some of your TSLA holdings, would you do it?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    83.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

If you could invest in SpaceX by selling some of your TSLA holdings, would you do it?

2. pz1975

pz1975 Supporting Member

I voted yes. I have tried to buy SpaceX stock since 2013 but am unable. The private brokerage company I use (Sharespost) told me that SpaceX buys up any stocks that holders want to sell and don’t let outside people buy it. It keeps the total number of shareholders down.

3. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I'm in the same boat, though it seems like there may be ways to start getting involved:

SpaceX investor's thread

• Informative x 1
  4. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

You can invest via a mutual fund from Barons, though you need to buy other stocks as well. Not really sure why anyone would want to invest in SpaceX as per your question, as its goals are borderline non-profit. Maybe they will drop the whole Mars thing someday and/or it won't be a big part of what they do.

5. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Starlink is the most obvious pathway to profitability. Current launch manifest is likely a stabilizer.

6. EV forever

EV forever Supporting Member

Doesn’t matter to me that they are borderline non-profit. I would invest with just faith and belief that they are doing good for our world.

• Like x 1
  7. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

Well the catch is that this "profit" is planned to be used to finance the Mars missions, or maybe there are some other plans around who pays for that.

If you drop the whole Mars idea, then SpaceX is fantastically profitable via its own projects, government and private launch contracts.

8. Maitri982

Maitri982 Member

SS = SLA DOA