Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investment in SpaceX

If you could invest in SpaceX by selling some of your TSLA holdings, would you do it?

• Yes

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted yes. I have tried to buy SpaceX stock since 2013 but am unable. The private brokerage company I use (Sharespost) told me that SpaceX buys up any stocks that holders want to sell and don’t let outside people buy it. It keeps the total number of shareholders down.

I voted yes. I have tried to buy SpaceX stock since 2013 but am unable. The private brokerage company I use (Sharespost) told me that SpaceX buys up any stocks that holders want to sell and don’t let outside people buy it. It keeps the total number of shareholders down.
I'm in the same boat, though it seems like there may be ways to start getting involved:

SpaceX investor's thread

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox

You can invest via a mutual fund from Barons, though you need to buy other stocks as well. Not really sure why anyone would want to invest in SpaceX as per your question, as its goals are borderline non-profit. Maybe they will drop the whole Mars thing someday and/or it won't be a big part of what they do.

You can invest via a mutual fund from Barons, though you need to buy other stocks as well. Not really sure why anyone would want to invest in SpaceX as per your question, as its goals are borderline non-profit. Maybe they will drop the whole Mars thing someday and/or it won't be a big part of what they do.
Starlink is the most obvious pathway to profitability. Current launch manifest is likely a stabilizer.

Doesn’t matter to me that they are borderline non-profit. I would invest with just faith and belief that they are doing good for our world.

Reactions: STARR X
Starlink is the most obvious pathway to profitability. Current launch manifest is likely a stabilizer.

Well the catch is that this "profit" is planned to be used to finance the Mars missions, or maybe there are some other plans around who pays for that.

If you drop the whole Mars idea, then SpaceX is fantastically profitable via its own projects, government and private launch contracts.