Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investor call at 9am PST and news to follow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to be announced today... Stay tuned.

Premarkets: 4 things to know before the open

And Tesla(TSLA) shares are also being watched closely as the company holds a conference call at 12 p.m. ET to discuss "an update" from the firm. The company recently unveiled a new vehicle called the Model 3. Shares in the electric car manufacturer have rallied by just over 20% in the last month.

Lower S and X sales than predicted. Enhancing the S to get sales back up. Reminder on the M3 presale numbers.

They already stated that Model S/X orders were above numbers delivered in Q1 "by a wide margin." My WAG is announcing the redesign, pricing change and possibly plan for Model 3 deliveries (possible capital/debt raise) given the greater than expected demand.

Or it could just be an introduction of the Model X to the Design Studio, which Elon already announced would be available today.

Reactions: MP3Mike
My guesses: (pure speculation and wishful thinking)

$5k increase on base Model S but premium package and autopilot convenience included.

High performance firmware update for Ludicrous cars finally achieving 10.9 second quarter mile in P90DL.

100kwh battery pack option for $7500. P100D Ludicrous with 0-60 at 2.6 seconds and quarter mile at 10.7 seconds. Existing owners can also buy new pack for about $30k with trade-in of existing pack.

Ventilated seats. New standard center console. New front fascia. New storage in doors. All retrofittable.

:)

Reactions: Drucifer
They already stated that Model S/X orders were above numbers delivered in Q1 "by a wide margin." My WAG is announcing the redesign, pricing change and possibly plan for Model 3 deliveries (possible capital/debt raise) given the greater than expected demand.

Or it could just be an introduction of the Model X to the Design Studio, which Elon already announced would be available today.
Yes, plan for M3 definitely needs augmentation, since i also think they were not expecting this number of unique pre orders. Plan would include another factory, since it will take several years to get running...

YPlan would include another factory, since it will take several years to get running...

If this call/press release/whatever is legit, which it seems to be, the reason they chose early AM PDT might have to do with announcing a factory in Europe (France?)...and another funding round to get it up to speed in 2-3 years. Of course I wouldn't mind at all if they threw in the info on the Model S refresh and the 100kWh battery.