TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Investor CONSTRUCTIVE Suggestions and/or Requests of Tesla

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by SteveG3, Apr 1, 2018.

1. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Had one in mind today, I’m sure many of us do.

Tesla might read the thread.

fwiw, by emphasizing CONSTRUCTIVE in title, I’m indicating the intent of this thread not attempting to dictate what anyone posts outside this thread.

• Like x 1
  2. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Here’s what I was thinking.

Tesla arrange for a one-on-one hour long live sit down for Elon with someone like CNBC’s Phil Lebau (strikes me as the best combo of level of Tesla and auto industry knowledge and even handedness on the major financial networks).

Idea would be for Lebau to bring up anything and everything and Elon to have a viable amount of time to respond. One-on-one (with someone like Lebau) would keep the conversation quality content oriented. An hour would be long enough for intelligent analysis. Live would avoid editing that changed meaning.

Would love to see this even quarterly.

This could leave a mini monument of an easily accessible, intelligent, fact based presentation of Tesla’s perspective. This content could be a continually available reality based frame of reference for people to share amid the near constant flood of intellectually dishonest noise currently working on overdrive to falsely frame the Tesla narrative.

I think it would offer better content than the hour of analyst Q&A each quarter (to be clear, I mean this suggestion as an addition, not a replacement).

CNBC devotes several hours to a sit down with Warren Buffett. I’m sure it’s a huge ratings plus for them. I’m very confident an hour with Elon would be as well, so that’s an incentive for CNBC to do it.

I realize some might initially think- wait “almost no filter” Elon on live TV for an hour? Well, okay, maybe he can rotate special guests with him like JB or Deepak. Even alone though, I’m super confident on the whole it would do miles better than current Tesla “reporting.”

• Like x 12
    • Love x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  3. MacRocket

MacRocket Faster than Falcon 9

Warren Buffett used to buy his kids shares in his latest investment for birthdays and Christmas.
    What about all of us Tesla owners, investors and supporters start giving our kids a share or two on these occasions instead of the usual stuff.
    This would help support the share price as well as help our kids buy their future tesla or property.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  4. MacRocket

Another idea mentioned on another thread.
    Don’t allow your shares to be lent to short sellers. Place a high price sell order if you have margin, this stops them being lent to shorts.

Sorry SteveG3, I just re read your post and I may be a little off topic

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

I don’t think it matters what he does as many of the bear arguments either rely on very selective interpretation of facts or fairly willful mis-representation of financials.

However there probably are some issues could use some clarification - ongoing Model 3 reservations, capital needed for 5k/ week expansion vs. 10k / week, cash needed for R&D expansion vs. ongoing production& operation.

6. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

I think Tesla should put together an anti-FUD marketing team with writers dedicated to debunking FUD. The Onion was a good first step...

• Like x 1
  7. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

I don't think Elon has much interest in going out of his way to calm markets roiled by day traders. He's working exclusively off the Master Plan in the real world.

8. DurandalAI

DurandalAI Member

I would love to see Q4 be a bit of a breather on the Capex in order to show a profitable quarter and then expand like gangbusters come Q12019.

More Tesla merch, from TeslaQuilla to other things that Tesla can generate some $ and mindshare with.

• Like x 1
  9. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

#9 EinSV, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    If Tesla meets its goal of 2000 Model 3s built this week per the April 3rd shareholder letter a tweet or other update early next week -- preferably at approximately 6:00 am PT next Tuesday morning -- would be lovely.

I understand Tesla does not want to be in the business of providing monthly much less weekly updates but given the unique circumstances and significance of the Model 3 to Tesla a one-time update would go a long way toward securing investor confidence in the ramp while helping to defuse bear attacks/FUD.

• Like x 2
  10. heltok

heltok Member

Tesla are production constrained for 100k S+X today. Bottleneck batteries from Panasonic only 100k per year. Solution: Add a 130kWh battery pack option using 2170 from GF1, charge $20k extra for this upgrade from the 100kWh option, leave the old options. Thus increase production and margins at once.

• Like x 1
  11. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

In the CBS interview aired this morning but apparently taped earlier this week, Elon reported Tesla had produced 2071 Model 3s over the past week. Good news -- glad they got the word out. Tesla CEO Elon Musk, stressed but "optimistic," predicts big increase in Model 3 production - CBS News

12. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

#12 Lbkmxp100d, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    I realize Elon is probably the most well known or at least top few CEO's but I don't see a scenario where an hour long sit-down would happen until later this year when Tesla production ramp has happened (6-8k/wk) and stock has risen to $500+/ share. At that time all of America and the rest of the world would be highly interested in an hour long live interview. At this time there are too many critics to the contrary. Thats why I always say load up on as many shares now when the media is constantly fighting $TSLA shares so when tide turns the price will skyrocket!

13. elasalle

elasalle driVIN(188xx) it !!

One (& maybe only) concern that I have is related to natural calamities. We all know Cali is in Fault line.

So instead of putting all eggs in Fremont, why cannot Tesla do Model Y production outside of Fremont?

My suggestion, is even if Fremont has space to make ModelY -- along with Semi and Roadster it should be made outside Fremont. Instead of creating another GF in US, I think to manage money, they should do it in existing GF0(Sparks), or GF2(Buffalo)

Sparks would be best choice, already lots of land/buildings etc. Sparks needs to move batteries, inverters etc to Fremont, on way back the same trucks could haul parts from Fremont to Sparks.

m2c.

thoughts?

14. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

I've strongly suggested that Tesla hire a more competent chief legal counsel, but sadly I don't think they'll listen.

15. schonelucht

schonelucht Well-Known Member

This actually happened with the television interview where Elon confirmed the number to be 2070.

16. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

Yes -- although the timing was a little different due to CBS's delay in showing the interview.

17. MacRocket

An idea from another thread suggested by Rococo is perhaps is a good idea for this thread as well.

The idea was that Tesla Owners donate some of their time to either meet up with or talk to potential new owners. They may also like to attend Tesla or TMC organized EV information sessions.
    Tesla and TMC would need to work together to make this work at a local level.

18. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

List owners who are willing to show their cars to prospective owners. It is darn difficult to see or ride in a Model 3 in most areas of the country.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Another suggestion is to release repai manuals especially for older cars so owners ca do their own repairs. If patents are open why not shop manuals. This would also help reduce service center congestion.

20. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

I wouldn't think Elon would normally be up for this idea but with his new compensation package and his hatred of the TSLA shorts maybe he would?

How do we help this happen?
    Ideas:
    -Tweet at Elon
    -Tweet at Phil Lebau
    -Tweet at other people at Tesla
    -Get someone to bring it up at the shareholders meeting
    -Email investor relations
    -Elektrek publish an article about the idea
    -Tweet at our friend Lora; oh wait, she's blocked us all because we aren't interesting