Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investor Discussion Threads for 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the feeling many people would like an insider´s thread, which is limited to certain members (e.g. by join date, #posts, reputation) instead of certain topics.

If such thread ever eventuates, I am counting me out. Such thread would likely become just an echo chamber. I really appreciate all new members and their valuable contributions.

'Insiders' sometimes gang up a bit too much against some newish contributors that may have different opinions.

I get the feeling many people would like an insider´s thread, which is limited to certain members (e.g. by join date, #posts, reputation) instead of certain topics.
Doug and I have kicked around various ideas along these lines, but I don't see anything like this happening. Not only are there software limitations, but there are questions about how it would change the tone of the discussion.

Doug and I have kicked around various ideas along these lines, but I don't see anything like this happening. Not only are there software limitations, but there are questions about how it would change the tone of the discussion.

While certainly not as efficient as having a thread for this type of situation it can be accomplished by PMs between individuals.

Wouldn't work even if you tried. There is a "life cycle" of members. They show up, test the waters, contribute a whole bunch for a while, then fade away once they have said/heard it all. TMC is a thing because of new blood.

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that has people like me in it." -- Groucho Marx.

Seriously, I don't like this idea.

Justed picked up the sentiment - I also prefer to have an open forum. On the one hand, you get posts that don´t add much to the discussion and annoy people, on the other hand you also meet people and realize they have something to say you might not have thought of before. After all, most of us just have met here and wouldn´t be part of the discussion if it had been a closed circle to start with.