Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investors/Pundits who got Tesla wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, he was, Ken. It is a maxim more appropriate, I still believe, for institutional investors rather than individuals in that, whereas on an individual basis one can always excuse away "Oh, geez, I was wrong in thinking APPL was getting back to good buying territory at $580 but I more than made up for it with the TSLA I paired it with at $31";

on the other hand, the fund manager who just knows that in 2010 going long Egypt and short Israel, because the long-term fundamentals are right, or overweighting fixed incomes at the expense of equities, because of other imbalances, or doubling up on BP by selling off the position in Google just before Deepwater Horizon.... she could have been absolutely right for all the right reasons.... but she's still lost her clients' moneys and her fund and her job, because her timing was wrong.

Or take me, for example. I have been transfixed by the long-term prospect of - whodathunk - electric automobiles for over thirty years. Had I put my money where my dreams were, rather than into sectors X, Y and Z and companies J, K and L, then decades ago I would have lost everything and not be able to afford even the pencil with which I'm writing this

Love this:
Richard Chen
December 11th, 2008 at 4:54 pm
Not to worry, some other venture such as (but not necessarily) Project Better Place + Nissan/Renault is going to show Tesla Motors how it’s done.

Last edited by a moderator: