TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Invisible Benefits of Electric Vehicles

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by ChadS, Jul 7, 2017.

1. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#1 ChadS, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    [​IMG]
    EV benefits are hard to see. I do not mean to say that EVs don’t have benefits, or even that their benefits are slight. My point is simply that most EV benefits are not at all obvious to most internal combustion engine (ICE) drivers – a serious issue that is easy for us EV drivers to...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

• Like x 6
  2. gene

gene Supporting Member

"There are still an awful lot of people that haven’t even heard of Tesla;"..So true! Just 2 days ago I was at First Mesa on the Hopi Reservation. Nobody there was aware that EV's exist. I took 4 Model S car loads of Hopi for test rides, they all loved it!

The Hopi and Navajo Reservations are well served around the perimeter with Superchargers. When Kayenta gets a Supercharger it will be like the hub in a wagon wheel resulting in many more Teslas visiting the area.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. AceSkywalker

AceSkywalker Member

I disagree with the line of "handling of a Porsche 911".

A big component of handling and driving dynamics is weight. EVs are big and heavy compared to their ICE counterparts, which really hurts serious handling.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

#4 dhrivnak, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
    Very well written Chad. By chance do you have solar as well?

5. KF94563

KF94563 Member

He didn't list that as a characteristic of all EV's, the handling was on the list of visible traits that many traditional ICE drivers would consider when deciding what to purchase.

• Like x 1
  6. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yes, 16kW.

7. ABCTG

ABCTG New Member

Another environmental benefit is from using regenerative braking which reduces the amount of brake dust.

• Like x 1
  8. Phillip L

Phillip L Member

Great article. And I love your "petroleum is for sissies" label. Would make a great bumper sticker.

• Like x 1